• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner Red 1680 - Glass issues

Candyman_88

Horology Curious
19/10/21
Hi,

I have a Rolex 1680 from the famous Hontwatch seller. This is a perfect watch except the glass. It was low (and crooked). Let me explain : I'm looking for a very high glass. I really love it...
When I bought this watch, the glass was not really high. I let the picture speaks for itself :

I bought on Ebay a "Cyclop" glass called 25-127. But the result not satisfying me a lot. Let see the picture :

So, my question is : Do you know where can I get a very high "Cyclop" glass ? My dream is a Glass like this :

Thank you guys if you have good informations for me !

Best regards

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
The Sternkreuz XS 303.430 is the equivalent of a service 127 (it has a chamfered top edge). It's the same height as a gen-spec 127 plexi I've got which has no chamfering (the source of which I've now forgotten). So maybe try a Sternkreuz. They're available from Cousins or Ofrei.

Candyman_88

Horology Curious
19/10/21
Ok ! Thank you for your answers guys. I need to buy a better bezel assembly.

Wwatches

Looking Around
2/8/22
Hi,

I have a Rolex 1680 from the famous Hontwatch seller. This is a perfect watch except the glass. It was low (and crooked). Let me explain : I'm looking for a very high glass. I really love it...
When I bought this watch, the glass was not really high. I let the picture speaks for itself :

I bought on Ebay a "Cyclop" glass called 25-127. But the result not satisfying me a lot. Let see the picture :

So, my question is : Do you know where can I get a very high "Cyclop" glass ? My dream is a Glass like this :

Thank you guys if you have good informations for me !

Best regards
Go to see for a Dome, there are a lot on ebay. Acrylic dome crystal