• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Submariner No Date movement replacement

Motionbroker

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/4/14
Dear Team,

In February purchased a VSF submariner no date from a TD. (ROLSUB0367 - Submariner 114060LN No Date 904 SS/SS VSF VS3130).

Unfortunately I dropped the watch on a hard surface and the automatic mechanism is not working. My watchmaker is saying it needs ''a part'' which he does not have.

Honestly I dont have a lot of time to start learning about watch mechanisms at this point but I love this watch and would like to replace the mechanism with a new one, hopefully a bit more durable. I am less concerned with the gen look, rather interested in something reliable for a daily wear watch. Anyone got a suggestion about where I could look?

Thanks in advance,

MB

drew4601

Horology Curious
24/10/22
Easiest and cheapest fix I reckon would be to buy a new vs3135 movement for your watchmaker to harvest parts from (supposedly 3130 is same-same minus the date-related bits).

I'm personally interested in the possibility of having an eta movement in a vsf case, but that seems to be quite a hefty investment in time and effort.

cheshire190

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/9/22
That movement should take a genuine Rolex part. If you ask which part is broken it should be easy to find a replacement. If needs be I may have one in an old SH3132 movement that I'm saving for parts.

ugalord

Metalcore Addict
Patron
Certified
29/6/20
Europe

Get one of those :)