• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this Sevenfriday P-series rep or gen?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Please help as I'm seeing so many variations of reps and gens around that I have no idea what to think.

Thanks!

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
I would say Rep. The crown and the chapter ring markers at 10, 2 and 6 look wrong and the general finish looks slightly sub standard .

But that's just one persons opinion.

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
I have no idea.. lol You know my struggle i had recently. I was browsing the bay and there are tons from 250-500.. All being sold from someone who sells a ton of watches. All with working NFC and such.. I had no idea if they were reps or gens. So, I walked away.. :(

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Thanks for replies guys! [MENTION=99457]FiloViridae[/MENTION], yeah same thing here but it has box, papers, extra straps and everything but I still don't believe until someone confirm it. Papers are probably easy enough to get somewhere. :/

More opinions welcome, if it's gen I'll go for it as it's a great deal but I need a confirmation. :)

FiloViridae

Advisor
Advisor
27/3/15
NYC
Thanks for replies guys! @FiloViridae, yeah same thing here but it has box, papers, extra straps and everything but I still don't believe until someone confirm it. Papers are probably easy enough to get somewhere. :/

More opinions welcome, if it's gen I'll go for it as it's a great deal but I need a confirmation. :)

Yep.. that was mine as well.. Box, papers, everything.. I just couldn't believe it was gen for around 300.. They go on WUS and timezone for abour 600. Idk.. If these turn out to be Gen, then I will be buying one as well.. haha

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Yep.. that was mine as well.. Box, papers, everything.. I just couldn't believe it was gen for around 300.. They go on WUS and timezone for abour 600. Idk.. If these turn out to be Gen, then I will be buying one as well.. haha

Yeah, it's suspicious but if there are any SF experts that can confirm this, I'm going for it. :)

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
Yeah, it's suspicious but if there are any SF experts that can confirm this, I'm going for it. :)

Im really curious what makes you want to go for a gen SF? The reps are so good that it is almost indistinguishable, not even mentioning that they are using the exact same movement.

Personally if i have to, I will only buy the gen from an AD, or only 2nd hand from people I trust. I will never buy from anyone else even with box and paper.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Im really curious what makes you want to go for a gen SF? The reps are so good that it is almost indistinguishable, not even mentioning that they are using the exact same movement.

Personally if i have to, I will only buy the gen from an AD, or only 2nd hand from people I trust. I will never buy from anyone else even with box and paper.

I am one of the guys telling others they must be crazy to buy gen SF but in my case, it's $300 price tag with box and papers and 2 rubber straps together with leather mounted on a watch which is even a good deal for a rep. Otherwise I would never think about getting a gen, I had two reps and they were really of stunning quality except rubber strap which is nice but it has to be replaced with gen one as it's a dust magnet and because of that it's ruining complete watch.

ShiroTenshi

Mythical Poster
7/12/11
I am one of the guys telling others they must be crazy to buy gen SF but in my case, it's $300 price tag with box and papers and 2 rubber straps together with leather mounted on a watch which is even a good deal for a rep. Otherwise I would never think about getting a gen, I had two reps and they were really of stunning quality except rubber strap which is nice but it has to be replaced with gen one as it's a dust magnet and because of that it's ruining complete watch.

Mate I would hate to see you getting scammed (i hope not) in thinking its a gen but i can't really offer much help in the gen/rep with the pic you posted. I assuming that you are buying it online? Else you can check out the quality of the rubber strap as part of the check.

SF rep together with extra 2 rubber strap plus box and paper would cost much lower than $300 so there are still incentive for the seller.

Im hope im just being overly cautious.

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Mate I would hate to see you getting scammed (i hope not) in thinking its a gen but i can't really offer much help in the gen/rep with the pic you posted. I assuming that you are buying it online? Else you can check out the quality of the rubber strap as part of the check.

SF rep together with extra 2 rubber strap plus box and paper would cost much lower than $300 so there are still incentive for the seller.

Im hope im just being overly cautious.

Thanks mate! I know, that's why I posted this thread because I think it's better to be over cautious then to get scammed. And yeah, it's online so can't check unfortunately.

SF rep with all of that would come close to $200 considering it's $200 from TD's, box is around $40 and straps are at least $20-25 per piece. But still, I don't want to buy it for that price if it's rep as I don't need box and extra rep straps but if it were gen with two gen rubbers, it's an amazing deal. But as they say, if it's too good to be true, stay away. :)

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Hahaha I did and I remembered it right after I saw this deal that I'm now interested in but I thought yours was without papers. But whatever, papers means almost nothing so I'm pretty sure I'll pass on this one.

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
i remember looking through the bay, and messaged a few sellers, well... two sellers gave the exact same response word for work like a copy and paste... looked through their previous sales and feedback, not this is going back a year and a half or so ago, the guys with these two shops were making a total mint!! this is when they were selling at £450-£500! I ended up getting a rep, I kept looking for a Gen.. but for some reason i couldnt find anyone with a receipt!!
I then asked two guys selling them for a serial number so i could contact SevenFriday to enquire... and i just didnt get a reply.

My advice, Avoid altogether, scamming Bast++++ to hell with the Bay, I avoid it at all costs nowadays for purchases. this forum and reps in general have really opened my eyes. I would have bought the sevenfriday if it were not for the forum

RepPossessed

The UK dealer
Trusted Dealer
10/11/15
N. Ireland
I was just wondering, are the compnents of sevenfriday made in china?

could explain why.. you hear about factories over producing and putting stock on the grey market

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
They are and I know rumors about reps made from gen parts etc. I will just pass on it to save myself a headaches. Thanks everyone!

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Mate it's at the rep price with box and papers anyway so nothing to lose!

I was just wondering, are the compnents of sevenfriday made in china?
Everything on an SF is made in China bar the movement AFIK.

kdo2milger

17/3/06
I read in another thread here that the NFC in the rep is working as it does in the gen so be careful if that is one of your deciding factors.

Also my advise would be to compare crowns, I was just on the bay comparing pictures from the seller and they have a gen picture and the rep picture so flipping back and forth I could visually verify the crown difference, leading me to think rep and the a-whole is asking 750USD!

kdo2milger

17/3/06
Not to mention chazingtime has P series for 200USD with same exact movement as gen

porsche356

Known Member
23/11/07
i was gonna say, that looks gen to me. or at least made with gen parts.
crown looks strong + no blue AR. engraving on back is strong too.
those are usually tipoffs that its a rep