• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breits Replicas Accuracy

ShadowB

Known Member
16/1/10
I have seen a lot of Breits replicas... So far all are pretty wrong... Some come close but are still easily spotted as fakes by anyone that know the specific Breits model.

Are their any good replica's of breits? If yes which one's?

lan61t

Renowned Member
7/4/08
It's unavoidable that there are flaws in the replica world, and it will be spotted by hard core fans or gen experts.

If you want something close, SFSO, or SA is one of the best - just my 0.02c

ShadowB

Known Member
16/1/10
It's unavoidable that there are flaws in the replica world, and it will be spotted by hard core fans or gen experts.

If you want something close, SFSO, or SA is one of the best - just my 0.02c

Thanks, i'll go look into them :)

agb

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/1/10
I don't understand why some simple differences are not fixed in even the best reps.

for example in the Brietling .. the screws in the bracelet have flat heads in the Genuine and have round heads in the replica. while many replicas have flat headed screws .. this doesn't seem difficult to fix ..

another example in the GMT Master 2 ceramic .. the correct hand stack is easy to fix .. and yet there is only one type of replicas that have it right but got the movement faulty ..

experts .. please advise ...

marcus4004

9/8/09
The BCE is a very good rep and looks real nice!!in my opinion...

westsider

10/2/10
I have heard the Super Ocean Heritage is a pretty accurate rep and am considering one of them any of you knowledgable people have any info on them?

thober

4/11/09
Is the Graphite BCE dial the "best" or most accurate?

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
I have heard the Super Ocean Heritage is a pretty accurate rep and am considering one of them any of you knowledgable people have any info on them?

I wonder why nobody has answered this yet. Well all I remember is seeing a pictorial on one once and the movement appeared to be decorated. However since then I have seen the Asia 21j version and noticed that the pictorial probably was a nickel ETA with the outer part, part of the case or maybe some sort of insert to hold the movement in, was engine turned. Still looked nice though, however the ETA looked a lot nicer. But it isn't like you're going to see that part of the watch anyway unless you take it apart.

It looks good to me, I doubt there's any big differences between it and the gen. From all I had seen, the bezel looked superb and so did the crown and case. I considered purchasing one. Can be a tough choice between SOSF and super ocean heritage imho. I just got a SOSF and it is more sporty than the heritage to me. I think the heritage would go better with a suit.

VB_Spike

Renowned Member
23/7/09
I'd say SOSF or BCE. Unless you go shoving it in someone's face trying to pass it as gen, you'll be fine.

gillorin

6/9/06
I'm curious to know what the OP has to say about which watches are so flawed and what flaws you mean in specific? In general, the Breitling reps are usually really great, and I seriously doubt you'll be called out... especially by silly things like flat vs. rounded screws. That's a nit picky thing that most real Breitling owners would never look for or even consider...

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
I have seen a lot of Breits replicas... So far all are pretty wrong...

As Fakey said, most of the Breitlings reps are Super reps and you do not see any differences to the gen at all. Maybe you looked at some quartz junk?

westsider

10/2/10
I wonder why nobody has answered this yet. Well all I remember is seeing a pictorial on one once and the movement appeared to be decorated. However since then I have seen the Asia 21j version and noticed that the pictorial probably was a nickel ETA with the outer part, part of the case or maybe some sort of insert to hold the movement in, was engine turned. Still looked nice though, however the ETA looked a lot nicer. But it isn't like you're going to see that part of the watch anyway unless you take it apart.

It looks good to me, I doubt there's any big differences between it and the gen. From all I had seen, the bezel looked superb and so did the crown and case. I considered purchasing one. Can be a tough choice between SOSF and super ocean heritage imho. I just got a SOSF and it is more sporty than the heritage to me. I think the heritage would go better with a suit.

I was actually on the verge of buying a Gen SOSF last year but unfortunately incurred an unexpected expense out of my stupidness of filling petrol in a diesel engine car so there went my spending money! That said last year I didnt know this great world of high quality reps existed and the only fakes I knew were the ones sold in markets in the far east for $20-$50. I am a monday-friday suit wearer so I hope the SOH does go well with a suit!