• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Noob DSSD v7. Lost bracelet srew replacement.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I lost a bracelet screw from the extension link for this watch. Where can I get a correct replacement screw? I tried with screws from two cheaper Rolex reps but they don't fit.

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
Show us a pic so we know exactly what part !

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
img_1143.jpg

img_1148.jpg

Sorry for the poor image quality. I hope it's appearent what bracelet screw is missing anyway.

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Oh thats the short screw. I dont have any extras for that.

Edit: Looked again and it is the long screw. I think most people will have an extra lying around. I have extras for the Sub, not sure if it will fit the links of a DSSD.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Thanks for replying. Maybe someone else knows. I will try doing some more research as well.

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
I bought the screw on ebay but it is slightly too thin. Watchstation is not being very helpful and don't seem to be able or willing to supply the screw.

It really sucks not being able to wear this great watch because of a missing screw.

If anyone has got one I can buy please contact me. @thrillofhunt would you be willing to send one for me? I think it will fit. Here's another picture that better shows which screw is missing:
SR5wLex.jpg

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
Hounded of members on here must have a Noob replacement screw to send you free of change.

brane

not pronounced like brain
Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Whats your location

brane

Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
I live in Denmark.
Yeowza, if you can't find any EU doners, I'll send one from the US. I got one for the SUB tho, it measures:

Width: .25mm
Length .625mm

Take a similar one out and measure.

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
Perhaps see if anyone has a replacement link. The screw to match the replacement link should come with it.

Then remove the link thats missing the screw entirely.

I find a lot of the links themselves are (visually) interchangable.

Lately when buying a M2M Rolex rep, I've been harvesting links from one to make the other larger... and you'd never know to look at it.

Its super hard to get the screws from one link to fit the other though. I have a little styrofoam egg crate on my bench I use to make sure they don't get mixed up.

You'd think it might occur to someone to standardize stuff like screws and links then make a bunch of them that would be a fit for each new generation of SEL and case. You'd think that'd make tooling, etc easier, boosting efficiencies and lowering costs. But nah. Must be a good reason why not, but I have no idea what it is. LOL

xartan

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
30/7/16
Yeowza, if you can't find any EU doners, I'll send one from the US. I got one for the SUB tho, it measures:

Width: .25mm
Length .625mm

Take a similar one out and measure.

Thanks. That's really generous.

Are you sure about those numbers though? Mine is about 15 mm long and about 1.5+ mm wide. But anyway if it fits the position in my pictures I was told a submariner screw will fit. I'll wait a bit and see if somone from EU offers one or else contact you.

XAD

Renowned Member
15/8/16
Are you sure about those numbers though? Mine is about 15 mm long and about 1.5+ mm wide. But anyway if it fits the position in my pictures I was told a submariner screw will fit. I'll wait a bit and see if somone from EU offers one or else contact you.

Again, the links from different models and manufacturers often seem to be compatible - even though the screws from different models don't fit all those different links. Its a matter of diameter, thread and length.

The better way, IMO is to get a complete link (including matching screw) and replace the whole thing. Otherwise you may be inundated with offerings of screws and find none of those needles fit your particular haystack.

Lots of people must have links laying around because every time I buy off M2M its too darn short. Someones removing them and stashing them someplace! :D

brane

Supporter
Certified
17/8/15
Thanks. That's really generous.

sure! If all else falls thru and if no people are closer to you send me your address and I'll send it out.