• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI member "plastic" Paypal disputed my AP FC 44 sale

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
Hi all,

I just everyone to be aware that RWI member "plastic" Paypal disputed my AP FC 44 sale, the watch was fully functional and had more than 48 hours of power reserve when i sent the watch out, it was almost an immediate catch and release by TD Ken- Chazingtime.

He shot me a msg yesterday trying to explain that the watch does not have more than 1 min of power reserve "when he wears it to do things"- as he termed it, I explained to him that he needed to fully wind the watch at least 40-50 times before the watch can be fully charged.

Before I had time to log on and reply him, he has already proceeded to paypal dispute me and asked for a refund, this is against the forum rule and I really don't appreciate it as I am an honest person and have been an honest seller this whole time here on board at RWI.

Mods yllekp and Raddave have been contacted.

Sales thread as follow
https://forum.replica-watch.info/threads/brand-new-ap-jf-44mm-forged-carbon.358824/#post--3182198

atgm

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
21/11/15
Sorry to hear that, I hope the mods knock some sense into him.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
I recall buying a watch for a mate who EVENTUALLY confessed he stopped wearing it because it "just wouldn't run for more than a few hours."

Of course I took it for a week and couldn't fault it. Gave it back, scratching my head. He said it worked fine for a few days then died again. I finally investigated more carefully - he never wound the bloody thing, because of course, it's 'automatic'

Sigh.

Dowbs

I'm Pretty Popular
7/2/13
Sounds like you should behead and dismember his family, OP.

But seriously, take it up with the mods. If "plastic" still wants to be a fuckboi, he can enjoy a nice extended stay in the brig while his personal details get passed around like [editing out one of the sickest burns of my life because it's probably not appropriate, RIP sick burn].

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Definately not cool. Hope that you and the mods can get it worked out. Keep us posted!

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
That sucks mate, seems to be happening a lot at the moment. Wish these fools could simply wind the watch properly....

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
I see plastic has not even been a member here 2 months and pulls this - poor form from a noob.

britain4

I'm Pretty Popular
13/11/15
*sigh* please keep us posted on this, this is precisely why I won't deal with new members

Rabbagasten

I'm Pretty Popular
25/12/15
This is sad in so many ways. Feel bad for all the other noobs who will have a harder time in M2M because of this. @plastic do the right thing and solve this through the forum.

Good luck OP

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
my opinion for the future... only paypal gift payment

My only issue with this is that some countries (read: Japan) don't allow Paypal to pull money from bank accounts, so Paypal in turn doesn't allow the use of gift payments.

damocles

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
21/12/15
my opinion for the future... only paypal gift payment

That was what I requested, unfortunately Singapore paypal does not offer the gift option anymore. It was not my intention to offend the buyer by opening this thread, but there are certain rules that are needed to follow on this forum and what he did was really not cool at all.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
It was not my intention to offend the buyer by opening this thread, but there are certain rules that are needed to follow on this forum and what he did was really not cool at all.

In my opinion, offend away. Getting his name out there protects other forum users and the embarrassment may make @plastic a bit more willing to communicate (and less trigger happy!) in the future.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Does anyone know if "plastic" has been online at all and if the issue is being ignored? Or is he simply ignoring the trouble he has caused?

EDIT: Checked and can see he was last online just under 9 hours ago.

atgm

Patron
21/11/15
Does anyone know if "plastic" has been online at all and if the issue is being ignored? Or is he simply ignoring the trouble he has caused?

He was apparently on and liked a post eight hours ago.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
So he's still not in the Brig at this stage and this could be why he hasn't been directed to this thread only? But still, how do you take possession of someones property ($700 odd) and then just offer up silence. Not acceptable and if he is in Singapore then he has had the whole day to sort this out amicably with Damocles. I cant imagine how annoyed/dispirited/disappointed Damocles must be.

kage777b

Horology Curious
7/8/15
My guess is he has buyers remorse and is trying to pussy his way out of the deal. I can attest to damocles to being a stand up guy. Plastic, get your act together. You knew the rules going in...

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Im a little upset that you posted this thread , before even giving the moderators a chance to respond, as i just woke up to your PM , and was just on here before i went to bed.... did you fill out a helpdesk ticket before posting this ?

How ever , since you did start this thread, and i havent received a answer from you in the PM , i will ask it here.

In your sales thread , you stated that you had just received the watch a couple of hours before you posted the sale , then a few hours later the watch was sold , so when exactly was this 48 hour power reserve tested ?

Anyway , the unauthorized PP is wrong and Plastic needs to drop it or risk being banned .

this will be dealt with .