• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Spanish tattoo

Dssd man

Renowned Member
2/11/11
Hello all I’m looking to get a tattoo to compliment my watch, I know it’s not every ones cup of tea but I like them
Trouble is I need to get the correct pronunciation for the French phase “ la joie de vivce “ but in spanish

Sent from the RWI App

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
Hello all I’m looking to get a tattoo to compliment my watch, I know it’s not every ones cup of tea but I like them
Trouble is I need to get the correct pronunciation for the French phase “ la joie de vivce “ but in spanish

Sent from the RWI App

Hmmm what does that mean in English?

Dssd man

Renowned Member
2/11/11
often used in English to express a cheerful enjoyment of life; an exultation of spirit.

It "can be a joy of conversation, joy of eating, joy of anything one might do… And joie de vivre may be seen as a joy of everything, a comprehensive joy, a philosophy of life,

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

malisimo

Renowned Member
29/8/15
It could be something like: "la alegría de vivir", or "disfruta la vida".

up_right

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/17
Spain
‘La alegria de vivir’

That’s my best translation.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Dssd man

Renowned Member
2/11/11
37f4acb7523807eeb4afa7b8167473af.png

Sent from the RWI App

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
"La alegría de vivir", indeed. Do not forget the accent in the "I" at "alegría", if you want it 1:1 AAA as gen ;-)

Ptolomeo

Known Member
2/5/07
Hi,
I am from Spain. I’d write “Alegría de vivir”, without “La”. Another nice phrase with a similar meaning could be “Viva la vida”. This last one has two different meanings: “Live life” and “Cheers life”

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hi,
I am from Spain. I’d write “Alegría de vivir”, without “La”. Another nice phrase with a similar meaning could be “Viva la vida”. This last one has two different meanings: “Live life” and “Cheers life”

Hmmm... I'm from Spain too!

Jokes aside, I'm only using the same structure as the French version, which has the article too. And in a strict way, the expression has to include the article as you are referring to "the" joy of living, not to some general entity.