• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Opinions please

sharpestknifeinthedrawer

3/7/10
Hi All

After opinions about the bezel/pearl on this ceramic sub.

Just ordered it from Mark @ Timeshop

This is no way a moan at him because he told me about the pearl when i asked and i decided to go ahead anyway.

I will just resell it for less if it bugs me when the watch arrives.

They are his pictures not mine (mine would be crap !)

I especially would like to hear from anyone who has it already.

Thanks in advance

Will

tn

D

d4m.test

The pearl is off center, but to be honest - I doubt you'll get too annoyed by it. If you really can't stand it, just rotate the bezel 180 and point it at 6! No one will call you out for it, for example several bezels are misaligned but no one cares. I'm very new to the world of reps but I have learnt that in this hobby, imperfections are something which are frequent. It's a shame, but I did only pay $250 - not $6500! I will buy a ceramic sub and the pearl doesn't bother me. But as you say, if you really can't stand it - you can sell it and buy something you prefer.

JC7

Put Some Respect On My Name
15/6/10
1.jpg
From MR
dsc09694.jpg
From Lay at Replicamake

All subs are not created equal.. you don't have to settle for misaligned pearls. Get a dealer who will cherry pick for you.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Seems like most of the new ceramic Subs have pearls that are off centered. The black one looks pretty good and the blue one looks better than a lot that I've seen.

D

d4m.test

Wow! Those Sub's look actually very good! The pictures I've seen have shown these to have absolutely awful pearls. I think these probably are as good as you can get right now. I'd ask for pictures of the pearl, and make sure the dealer agrees that a misaligned pearl is unacceptable. I'd recommend Lay for this level of customer service. I bought a Sub LV from him, but in the end it didn't really work out and he offered me a full refund. I will be buying another watch from him as I know if the product isn't good; he will not let you down!

JC7

15/6/10
Thanks guys... agree 100% with Maestro... it's all about the dealer. Does he actually give a crap if you get a good watch or not!? Nothing is ever going to be perfect in this game but having someone out for you 4k miles away gives you an advantage.

sharpestknifeinthedrawer

3/7/10
Thanks for the input guys

I got rid of a daytona that bugged me

I looked ar replicamake but Timesshop's rolex promotion convinced me and the good reports about Mark.

The funny thing is i was torn between the ceramic sub and the GMT and with the GMT no pearl issue........

ah well what to do

JC7

15/6/10
Go with the sub so we can compare pearls.

sharpestknifeinthedrawer

3/7/10
Yeah i think i will

I will resell it if i am not happy

To be honest its my fault once i make my mind up i am a bit stubborn until i get it and bugs me.

It might not and got a LV coming so i can wear that if i have to move the ceramic on.

Will

JC7

15/6/10
LOL.. you just said you think you will and you might not in the same post. :D

sharpestknifeinthedrawer

3/7/10
sorry the first sentence was a direct response to your suggestion

:facepalm:

the second paragraph probably should have been another post:lol:

D

d4m.test

I'm going for the GMT Master 2 with real ceramic bezel (if that is true!) from Lay. I just love the polished mid links, and the bezel is far more to my liking. And of course, there is no pearl!

I've learnt some dealers... well I respect them - but they are sort of looking to sell watches without much care. I'd rather pay slightly more, but know that I am getting some QC. I also don't believe that every dealer actually checks the watches, but pictures (and even video!) really does sell the watch for me.

After all, in this trade - it's best to pay a little more; but you'll get so much more in return!

However, my next purchase will be the Sub Ceramic!

sharpestknifeinthedrawer

3/7/10
Good luck with the GMT Maestro.

Thats my next purchase on pay day wether or not i keep the sub.

That is a fine looking watch replicamake has.