• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Planet ocean 45mm lite

Justingeen99

Horology Curious
14/2/11
I'm new to this forum and this is my first post. I have read alot about how to buy, where to buy, and tons of info about the po's. I've decided to purchas from pure time, but before I do I have some questions about which model to purchas.

I've narrowed it down to the 45mm lite and the Ultimate. In the lite I would get the sapphire crystal for the added money. I would go with the ultimate if I was confident it would last longer, but if I'm only paying for a more exact copy and the quality of workmanship is the same I'd rather get the lite. My problem is I'm not sure spending the extra money is worth it. The one thing I do know is I want a sapphire crystal.

I would appreciate any imput on the two watches. Thanks.

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I would get the UPO if you can afford it.
You will always have an option to add Gen parts down the line and never wish you bought the "better" one.

Justingeen99

Horology Curious
14/2/11
Do I need to post this somewhere else or did I just ask a lame question?

Maybe I need to clarify my question. Basically I want to know if the lite is the same build quality as the upo on pure times cite.

chisin

Renowned Member
18/8/10
There was an excellent thread on this previously. Essentially, the difference between the lite and the UPO is the movement and crystal. Otherwise, it should be the same case and parts for everything else. However, do note that they have updated the UPO to correct the logo since this article came out - but I'm not sure if they've done the same for the lite models (but since you said better accuracy isn't as important as build quality, I guess this really isn't an issue)

http://forum.replica-watch.info/vb/...27134?t=27134&highlight=ultimate+planet+ocean

Q5?

Legendary Member
Advisor
29/3/09
I stand firm on getting the UPO. You won't regret it.
You will get most of your money back if you flip it later anyway. :cool:

68Olds

9/7/10
US
IMO a UPO with the Asian ETA is a nice compromise. It is usually $50 less than the UPO with a Swiss ETA.

Justingeen99

Horology Curious
14/2/11
Thanks to all. I really appreciate all of the input. I think I like the idea of going with the upo and getting the Asian movement. From what I understand they are just as good. Plus correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm under the impression that the Swiss ones are not real Swiss there just copies.