• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Some new build options

marlin2284

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
1/2/12
I now offer gen incabloc and gen gear train options on all my builds upon request.

These options are only available on my complete builds, I do not do these options alone.

Some of you have asked about the difference between the All Asian and the this ETA gen variant so here is what the All Asian looks like, I don't like to influence the decision of the buyer so you guys can see the differences and decide for yourselves.

What differences I see:

The incablocs are different in the color and size of the jewel and the finish on the gen is slightly shinier.

The gear train the gen gears have a more yellow tone to them where my gear train has a more gold tone, the gen gears are also slightly thicker.

The differences are visible only when viewed with the 2 movements side by side

Here they are in natural light, if you notice the All Asian actually matches the color of the balance wheel

mikewatch

Renowned Member
27/11/09
Amazing work Marlin!! Primary difference to me in regards to the shock protection, as the mod to the Asian and the mirroring of the cut in the incabloc is so good, is really the color of the jewel.
Looks gorgeous... can't wait to get mine!

Cheesemonger

I'm Pretty Popular
23/11/13
Looks great. I prefer the balance wheel/gearing color match on the all asian build, but both look excellent!

mikewatch

Renowned Member
27/11/09
Looks great. I prefer the balance wheel/gearing color match on the all asian build, but both look excellent!

Not sure without a gen in hand but without regard to preference what looks more accurate?
This gen looks a lot closer to the ETA gear train to me..

PAM111-LUMINOR-3.jpg

mikewatch

Renowned Member
27/11/09
Added a more accurate CG from a Noob 390, Gen Crown, and Gen winding gears with correct beveling.
IMO this looks pretty good and the gen incabok from Marlin is the way to go.
So hard to get a good shot with accurate color... Love the watch, thanks Marlin!

Tankgoodness

Horology Curious
24/3/14
How does your gen incabloc mod compare to the ones being offerred from the rep factories?

Tankgoodness

Horology Curious
24/3/14
I now offer gen incabloc and gen gear train options on all my builds upon request.

These options are only available on my complete builds, I do not do these options alone.

Some of you have asked about the difference between the All Asian and the this ETA gen variant so here is what the All Asian looks like, I don't like to influence the decision of the buyer so you guys can see the differences and decide for yourselves.

What differences I see:

The incablocs are different in the color and size of the jewel and the finish on the gen is slightly shinier.

The gear train the gen gears have a more yellow tone to them where my gear train has a more gold tone, the gen gears are also slightly thicker.

The differences are visible only when viewed with the 2 movements side by side

Here they are in natural light, if you notice the All Asian actually matches the color of the balance wheel

It also looks as though the blue paint on the fonts on the 'Swiss' and the 'jewels' descriptions are bleeding somewhat..would be an easy tell.