• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Bracelet Adjustment.

matkinson

Known Member
9/2/13
Hi there, this is pretty self explanatory, my watch fits lopsided...

View attachment 26960

View attachment 26961

View attachment 26962

It has 4½ / 5 links at 6 o'clock

6 links at 12 o'clock.

I bought this watch 2nd hand like this, but the previous owner has the clasp on the furthest point, whereas I have it on the opposite, meaning it's emphasised the problem. (yes I have thin wrists :ninjastar:)

Apologies if the pics are head to see.

I know removing a permanent link and extending the clasp would work, but I don't particularly want to remove a permanent link, although I might do If there is no other way. :)
Any ideas on how I can fix this? It's not a huge problem as I'm going to buy a new sub soon, but I'll have to do the same on that, so may as well get some experience in. :)

Cheers.

carlton

Put Some Respect On My Name
2/10/11
Maybe you can take a link out from 6 o'clock bracelet then fit it in the 12 0'clock bracelet.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
don't worry. This is what happens with my bracelets too. It happens when you have small wrists.

carlton

2/10/11
I know removing a permanent link and extending the clasp would work, but I don't particularly want to remove a permanent link, although I might do If there is no other way. :)
Any ideas on how I can fix this? It's not a huge problem as I'm going to buy a new sub soon, but I'll have to do the same on that, so may as well get some experience in. :)

Cheers.

Ah...... did not notice that you have all your removable links taken out. Since there is no more removable link to make any adjustment, i don't think there is anything you can do about it.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
Yes you can,,,, jeez,,,, very simple fix.... my son has small wrist and I've got his dssd Balanced out perfectly,,,, it can be adjusted to equal out.

KBH

Mythical Poster
1/11/07
Why not turn the clasp around. Then remount the bracelet.

mitchbaria

15/10/12
It just involves moving the links around and adjusting the pin position on the clasp,,,,,I'm sure yours is no difference.

matkinson

Known Member
9/2/13
Hmm I can't seem to figure anything out unfortunately :p
I may just whack a NATO on it sometime.
What are the new clasps like?

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
Can't you just take one from the side with 6 links? One of them should be removable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

matkinson

Known Member
9/2/13
The side with 6 links on is the short one :\

It's because the clasp swallows 2 links on that side.

If you see Kay

26/1/09
once you remove all the adjustable links and are left with permanent links, that's it. I don't think there is any way of shortening it short of destroying a permanent link.