• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

WatchCompany- Japan

DocThor

I'm Pretty Popular
18/3/13
Seiya is a well known and highly respected seller of Japanese watches. More or less THE SELLER for non European Seikos 10 years back. I bought several Seikos and Citizens from Seiya and only can recommend him!!

Sent from my wooden drums via Tupperware

PaCoalCracker

17/10/16
Seiya is a well known and highly respected seller of Japanese watches. More or less THE SELLER for non European Seikos 10 years back. I bought several Seikos and Citizens from Seiya and only can recommend him!!

the watches appear to be decent . . . .and if sooo could a decent Seiko movement be installed (frankened)into a Rep (ie., Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc . . ..)??

Thanks Doc

reckoner777

Renowned Member
10/7/16
It wouldn't be a franken unless you're frankening a rep seiko with a gen movement. Aside from that, you cannot just switch any movement you want with a case set. Also most likely hands wouldn't fit.

the watches appear to be decent . . . .and if sooo could a decent Seiko movement be installed (frankened)into a Rep (ie., Rolex, Omega, Breitling etc . . ..)??

Thanks Doc

PaCoalCracker

17/10/16
It wouldn't be a franken unless you're frankening a rep seiko with a gen movement. Aside from that, you cannot just switch any movement you want with a case set. Also most likely hands wouldn't fit.
ohhh ok, i thought if i found a decent movement (like a Seiko, Invicta) that would fit a Rep, it would be better, run longer

timnic54

Put Some Respect On My Name
16/2/16
Thailand
ohhh ok, i thought if i found a decent movement (like a Seiko, Invicta) that would fit a Rep, it would be better, run longer

Invicta don't make movements not actually sure they make? anything. AFAIK the. are majorly an out source company.

Joeytwotimes

29/12/12

just seen this thread and I completely agree.. seiya is one of two jdm watch dealers i use for my tunas.. superb watches and service .. I also highly recommend :)

monstar

2/10/16
Seiko engines are amazing. I got a fantasy watch I bought back in 2002 for roughly 20 dollars. It has quartz seiko chrono engine (seconds @6 lol) and seiko crystal. Bought it simply because it looked pretty, so didn't expect much from it. 14 yrs later the watch still works, datewheel @3 runs fine, the crystal scratch free, whole thing still water resistant, and to my amusement the stainless steel survived all sorts of collision with only minor scratches.

One thing I'm still curious about, the watch weighs in at an amazingly heavy 140 grams. What the hell did the maker fill the watch with... lead maybe? Or is that a common weight for ss?

PaCoalCracker

17/10/16
Seiko engines are amazing. I got a fantasy watch I bought back in 2002 for roughly 20 dollars. It has quartz seiko chrono engine (seconds @6 lol) and seiko crystal. Bought it simply because it looked pretty, so didn't expect much from it. 14 yrs later the watch still works, datewheel @3 runs fine, the crystal scratch free, whole thing still water resistant, and to my amusement the stainless steel survived all sorts of collision with only minor scratches.

One thing I'm still curious about, the watch weighs in at an amazingly heavy 140 grams. What the hell did the maker fill the watch with... lead maybe? Or is that a common weight for ss?
Wow ! nice. Be cool to fit one of those movements into a Rep

PaCoalCracker

17/10/16
This one looks awesome!!

http://www.seiyajapan.com/products/...diver-springdrive-sbdb013?variant=14389052487

4e168d5327f84074ca593738949cf1dd.jpg

ScottCamel

Horology Curious
15/9/16
The Grand Seiko SBGA031 looks cool. The SBGA029 ~ $6k. Wonder how much does this cost?