• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sinn reps info

Juhani

Known Member
18/1/16
I'm a big fan of the brand in general but there doesn't seem to be many offerings for replicas other than the u1/u2.
Is there any reason for this? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?
I know the brand isn't particularly expensive...

I personally like all the watches in the Sinn catalogue and would love to have 103 or any other Sinn chrono really.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
I'm a big fan of the brand in general but there doesn't seem to be many offerings for replicas other than the u1/u2.
Is there any reason for this? Or am I just looking in the wrong places?
I know the brand isn't particularly expensive...

I personally like all the watches in the Sinn catalogue and would love to have 103 or any other Sinn chrono really.

You answered your own question with "I know the brand isn't particularly expensive..." .. Sinn is not hanging with the right crowd

Juhani

Known Member
18/1/16
Sinn is not hanging with the right crowd

Sure Sinn is relatively cheap but that doesn't stop the replicas of Nomos and Tag Heuer from coming in. They're comparable in pricing, right?
Sinn's just probably too obscure to matter anyway, sadly.

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Sure Sinn is relatively cheap but that doesn't stop the replicas of Nomos and Tag Heuer from coming in. They're comparable in pricing, right?
Sinn's just probably too obscure to matter anyway, sadly.

Unfortunately there are lots of brands, models not repped, in reality the largest market for these is China itself and I would assume the demand is for high end first and the rest is what is trending like Tudor or Nomos

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
I own 3 gen Sinn watches - a UX, 103st and 757.

The UX is the ultimate tool watch, there is no better diver. Period. Drop one of these overboard with a Rolex deep sea - the Sinn will still be ticking a mile (or two) after the Rolex has imploded. The rep is automatic rather than superquartz, not oil filled, and not made of tegimented submarine steel. Its so far off from the original it has zero appeal.

The 103 is a cool, vintage pilot chrono - a classic and a better proposition than a speedy - its rated at 200m water resistance - for a pilot chrono! It has the same top grade 7750 that many IWC's use. The 757 - has a Testaff certification. Got it because its a chunky cool watch for jeans and t shirt.

People buy Sinn because they are no frills, well made tool watches - not pretty, expensive man jewelry propped up with a €300m advertising budget - like Tag / Omega. This does not translate well into the world of replicas.

I'm actually glad they're not in the Swiss crowd. You can get a 103 for €1,200 or a UX for €1,400.

Its really worth getting the real deal IMHO.

Sent from the RWI App

Daft_Punk

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/16
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder .. regardless of the ad budget