• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SHIPPING & BREXIT UPDATE

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Please see attached update from U.K. Government regarding shipments from U.K. to EU.

If you are based in the EU and are expecting a parcel from us within the next week or so (ie have an in transit order) it could now be subject to customs inspection and subsequent duty requirement.

We will work with all existing customers to make sure you get your Watches or a FULL refund if the package becomes lost/confiscated (delivery is guaranteed).

However, we will not be taking any NEW orders from EU customers until we have some clarity on how Brexit will Pan out over the next few months.

Orders for U.K. customers resume as normal (although you can expect major delays from China to U.K. shipments as well).

751d288ebaec1ac9831442e1275ee46b.jpg

**Please also note that Royal Mail and many other carriers have temporarily suspended services from U.K. to EU at this time, due to the border situation.

Reactions: SauditoUK

rangan

Renowned Member
8/4/12
I believe that Royal mail had already blocked all shipments to EU from 22/12, but I ask for confirmation thanks

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
That's a pity, you guys are offering a great service to us. I hope everything gets back to normal ASAP.

Be strong in the meantime, cheers.

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Reactions: KSwatches

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
you can expect major delays from China to U.K. shipments as well

Delayed shipping to the UK has already been a problem since March 2020 when COVID19 became an issue for us and has, up until this point, absolutely nothing to do with Brexit.

In fact, speaking with some of my Chinese connections reveals they have hoops to jump through when shipping to the UK as availability is tightly limited. Things that would normally ship within 7-10 days have taken around 7-10 weeks in my experience.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Update:

UPS parcels from U.K. to EU are also delayed at UPS U.K. sort centres, pending resolution of border issue. This is despite ups advising delivery dates that were all well before 1 January (Brexit) at time of ordering/collection.

There was no way anyone could have planned for this since it was essentially an overnight political decision that has led to many many parcels now stuck at U.K. sorting centres.

All our EU parcels were sent before 26th December and therefore should be exempt from customs inspections (in theory).

We have been advised that the Proof of postage receipt should be sufficient to confirm date of shipment as being before 26th.

Just need to wait and see how things unfold over the next few weeks or so.

All parcels are insured.

KSwatches

Trusted Dealer
29/11/18
Update:

Post Brexit U.K. to EU parcels landed safely. No issues.

For reference, remove all China markings, remove all factory plastic and include a repair invoice plus a detailed letter discussing what works you could and could not carry out.

If possible remove the strap from the watch head and wrap it separately.

Place a sticker on the watch head and label it “defective”.

Customs form:
Description: mechanical watch repairs
Value: £15
Type: “gift” and “other”

Ship inside a small padded envelope. Not a big box.

Hope this info helps you with your shipping plans.

Good luck
KS

danid

Horology Curious
22/6/21
Any updates on how to send parcel from EU to UK and hows customs acting etc ? I am buying from a member and wondering what be best way to get it done