• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Setting seconds on 6497

Itsameamario

Known Member
5/8/12
Is it possible to stop the seconds hand at the 12 position for easy and accurate setting of the time?

If not, can you offer an alternative to set the seconds exactly?

Thanks.

Dr.Verylong

Legendary Member
Advisor
2/8/09
The 6497 does not hack, so you are out of luck or need good timing.

Do you really need the precise second? All my automatics are give and take a few minutes, for precise control I have digital watches all around me, like the mobile phone, car, etc.

frigpig

Ghost of Sales Mod Past
Advisor
16/8/09
The only way to do this is to stop the balance with your finger........or use the stopwatch on your phone. ;)

wat44

Mythical Poster
20/6/09
Solution: meditation. You will soon know that sex is not important, only the aesthetics of your watch...

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
If not, can you offer an alternative to set the seconds exactly?Thanks.

Take the movement out of the watch, pry off the seconds hand and put it back on in the 12 position. I think that's the alternative :frusty:

Itsameamario

Known Member
5/8/12
Ha! Some nice suggestions there! It's not important, more useful for working out if my watch gains or looses time.

Cheers.

acoustix

Known Member
7/3/12
Try the kello app on your iPhone or other i-devices. I just bought that and am having a ball of a time regulating all my watches ^.^

cobratom

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/6/10
I read somewhere that the closest you can get is to wait till the watch is fully unwound. If the seconds are stopped at, say, 37, you wait for your benchmark time to get close to 37 and start winding at around 33-34. In about 3-4 secs, your watch will start ticking getting you close to the benchmark time.

The other method involves applying back pressure to regulate the second hand when the watch is fully unwound.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: Penduboy