• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Service turnaround !!

watchservicesny

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
8/1/07
I thought I will explain service turnaround, as I’m really laughing when see two days turnaround service

Upon receiving the package I do inspect the watch and test how the movement perform making some notes with findings

Then watch is disassembled (if necessary), movement removed and stripped to individual parts
All wheels and bridges being inspected with 20x loupe and bad parts replaced with new ones.
Parts has to go to cleaning/drying process and inspected again
Movement assembled back together with correct oils and grease
When the movement is alive again is being adjusted for timing and amplitude
When I’m satisfied with the results it’s going aside and will be tested again within 2-3 days
Whole that waiting time movement is winded for nonstop operation for lubricants to break-down
After second testing with positive results I’m confident to assemble the watch again
Only then watch is going on cyclone (fully unwinded) for at least one day to check the auto winding and power reserve
Final timing adjustment is done when movement is cased

So if somebody telling you service with two days turnaround GO FOR IT, he is master and doesn’t sleep

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
As a beginner I inspect watch, pull movement out, strip to pieces, inspect pieces with 12x loupe, decide on new parts, wait 2 weeks for new parts, clean parts roughly by hand then into machine, left to dry then inspect again. Reassemble and oil as I go, have some tiny bastard spring fly across the room, order some more, wait 2 weeks, finish assembly, screw up the keyless mucking around with it, disassemble, reset the keyless, reassemble...good to go.
So 2 days, give or take (give) a month, yea no problem.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I wouldn't want this thread to get derailed because of some silly comments (mine included).

The point here is that it takes time to learn how to do something properly, and it takes time to do something properly.

Flinnt

Known Member
31/5/19
Downunder
I wouldn't want this thread to get derailed because of some silly comments (mine included).

The point here is that it takes time to learn how to do something properly, and it takes time to do something properly.

Agree. My silly reply was an attempt to show learning this stuff takes a lot more waiting and patience and is difficult. For speedy turn around, send it to a pro who can usually do it in 2 weeks turn around. It’s not very long to have a quality job done.