• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen parts worth purchasing..?

fklaceration

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/10/11
Hello all,

I'm looking to invest some quality into my RG HBB V6...

Looking for some opinions of parts worth replacing (either gen or from other versions (v1 etc) to "perfect" my V6...

I know a genuine croc leather band will be my first purchase...
What about rotor/dial/hands etc?

I'll also be looking to put real diamonds into the bezel. Question: are the v6 bezels that come with "diamonds" the correct design in conparrison to gen? If so I could have the "diamonds" that come with the v6 bezel removed and fit real diamonds in...correct?

Where would be my best bet to send for a good "like gen" lume?
Where would be my best bet to send for a good waterproofing?

You can tell my intentions are to make an ultimate BB, any help / advise with regards to the above or anything not mentioned is appreciated! My ears are open!

Thanks guys!

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
if you are in EU, send it to Domi, he can put a gen ETA 7750 in and cand do the rest without the dimonds.

Sent from Gurus iPad using Tapatalk

Coalguru

Known Member
18/8/12
When I was in Turkey, local jeweler offered to make exact rep bezel for RG/RG HBB rep from real red gold with the same finishing as original. I had no enough time for that, and also was not sure if 18k gold will be tough enough to survive daily scratches and wear.

Please, comment, if somebody has experience with real gold parts.

theflyingdutchman

I'm Pretty Popular
20/3/06
When I was in Turkey, local jeweler offered to make exact rep bezel for RG/RG HBB rep from real red gold with the same finishing as original. I had no enough time for that, and also was not sure if 18k gold will be tough enough to survive daily scratches and wear.

Please, comment, if somebody has experience with real gold parts.

Why do that? RG-plated bezels are 45 USD, just buy a new one everytime is fades or buy a RG-ceramic one for 70USD....