• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Second Purchase - Watch not working!

superzambo88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/22
Hi there,

second purchase (Vintage GMT Master) but once the watch has arrived is not working!

I’m so upset!

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Not to worry. Contact intime and ask if they have a specific watchmaker in your country that they recommend.

Maybe they will even split parts of the bill with you.

superzambo88

20/6/22
Not to worry. Contact intime and ask if they have a specific watchmaker in your country that they recommend.

Maybe they will even split parts of the bill with you.
Already did it. I’m waiting for replay.

In the mean while I’ll bring it to my watchmaker to ask if it can fix it.

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
You may need to make a decision whether you wait for a response from the TD or have your watchmaker look at it. If the watchsmith opens it and tries to fix it and fails, then the TD will likely not want to provide any support services. Probably best wait until you hear from Intime before sending it out.

Reactions: TESLA760

superzambo88

20/6/22
You may need to make a decision whether you wait for a response from the TD or have your watchmaker look at it. If the watchsmith opens it and tries to fix it and fails, then the TD will likely not want to provide any support services. Probably best wait until you hear from Intime before sending it out.
The fact is that send the watch back to InTime will costs me more than 100 €…

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Well if you're waiting for an answer. Why not wait for the answer?

We can't give you the answer.

Reactions: Markangel

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
The fact is that send the watch back to InTime will costs me more than 100 €…
That may be true and it sounds as if you have already decided not to bother with the TD. In which case by all means go ahead. I only suggested waiting as one member put forward the option that Intime might help with costs; they may be reluctant to do so if you already proceeded without consultation.

superzambo88

20/6/22
That may be true and it sounds as if you have already decided not to bother with the TD. In which case by all means go ahead. I only suggested waiting as one member put forward the option that Intime might help with costs; they may be reluctant to do so if you already proceeded without consultation.
I won’t proceed, I’m trying to figure out what to do.

I’m also thinking about the watch will take around a couple of months to go back and forth from Italy to China to be fixed 😓

Grapeshot

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
10/3/18
Wales, UK
I won’t proceed, I’m trying to figure out what to do.

I’m also thinking about the watch will take around a couple of months to go back and forth from Italy to China to be fixed 😓
Don’t misunderstand my posts. I’m not encouraging you to return it to China; personally I would be reluctant to do that myself.

Oilime

Proud daddy
Patron
Certified
31/8/17
Italy, Germany
amico, in italia abbiamo due orologiai bravissimi, non lo spedire indietro in Cina assolutamente!

sorry if i wrote in english but i have seen OP is based in italy

pompompurin

:3
Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
I assume the watch's movement should be a Hangzhou 6460 (GMT A2836-2) or a DG3804. Both movements are not too expensive to purchase new, should you need to replace it.

If your watch uses a GMT A2836-2 movement, you could consider upgrading the movement to an ETA 2836-2 or ETA 2846, then swap over the GMT parts into the new movement.

superzambo88

20/6/22
I assume the watch's movement should be a Hangzhou 6460 (GMT A2836-2) or a DG3804. Both movements are not too expensive to purchase new, should you need to replace it.

If your watch uses a GMT A2836-2 movement, you could consider upgrading the movement to an ETA 2836-2 or ETA 2846, then swap over the GMT parts into the new movement.

The movement is this one!

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong

The movement is this one!

Yes, that is a GMT A2836-2 movement.
If you fix the movement using a watchmaker, I recommend buying an ETA 2836-2 or 2846, then swap over the GMT parts into the new movement. All watchmakers should know how to do this. During the movement swapping process, the DWO (date wheel overlay) is also transferrable from 1 movement to another without needing to remove the glued DWO from the date disc.

superzambo88

20/6/22
If you fix the movement using a watchmaker, I recommend buying an ETA 2836-2 or 2846, then swap over the GMT parts into the new movement. All watchmakers should know how to do this. During the movement swapping process, the DWO (date wheel overlay) is also transferrable from 1 movement to another without needing to remove the glued DWO from the date disc.
Don’t you think it will cost more than to make the movement fixed by a watchmaker?

pompompurin

Patron
Certified
28/7/15
Hong Kong
Don’t you think it will cost more than to make the movement fixed by a watchmaker?
It depends on the cost of the watchmaker and whether a full service is needed.

A full service can sometimes cost as much as the cheapest brand new ETA movement.