• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seamaster Spectre

bayouwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/15
I purchased a Seamaster Spectre V2.5 when this version came out. It quit working after a few weeks. I'm now thinking about switching out the movement to get some wear out of it. Do I need a Miyota 8215 or 8225 movement to switch out? Thanks.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Why don’t you send it for repair rather than switch out? It’s usually something simple in my experience

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Why don’t you send it for repair rather than switch out? It’s usually something simple in my experience

Sent from the RWI App

bayouwatch

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
10/11/15
I'll see if I can find somebody local. I looked at the Miyota site and do not see a 8225 movement so it's a 8215 movement. Hopefully even though a replica somebody local will work on it with the understanding that there are no guarantees. Thanks for the advice!

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
I'll see if I can find somebody local. I looked at the Miyota site and do not see a 8225 movement so it's a 8215 movement. Hopefully even though a replica somebody local will work on it with the understanding that there are no guarantees. Thanks for the advice!

The spectre has an open caseback, so the last thing you’d want is to replace the decorated rep movement with a generic internet movement. Send the watch to a forum watchmaker. It’s usually a basic repair that’s required. Good luck

Sent from the RWI App