• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seagull ST 2555

collector00

5/8/15
Hi,
gotten a Pam 605Q with Seagull ST 2555
i gave it a full 40 rounds of winding at 11am...
worn it the whole day
till night at about 10pm, i took it off and left it on the table.
next day at 1 plus pm, i realised the watch stops moving..

is it consider normal? i understand that usually a full wind should provide a 2 days power reserve.. am i right?
If i'm right about 2 days power reserve and since i worn in on the day time with the habit of shaking it, it shouldn't stop the next day at 1pm isnt it?
so assuming if i give it a full 40 rounds of winding at 11am (says monday), it should last till wednesday 11am +/-... right?

kindly educate me if i'm wrong. quite limited infos online regards to this movement..

thanks in advance!

velox

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/5/15
Hey bud - i have the exact same movement in my Pam and it keeps excellent power reserve with 40 + hours. Might need to get it serviced as these are robust and good movements from what i hear :)

collector00

5/8/15
Hey bud - i have the exact same movement in my Pam and it keeps excellent power reserve with 40 + hours. Might need to get it serviced as these are robust and good movements from what i hear :)

gd to hear that!
i told the TD n he told me 30 hours is pretty good already and i was like.... hm...

hublotkingpower

Renowned Member
9/12/14
Southeast Asia
I had the same issue with my 351 where it would just stop winding and I would need to give it a hard slap to keep it running. I would refrain from manual winding as this really messed it up and caused the winding to be really tight (better shake it to get it to start).

A service might help but for me I have ever since kept away from ST2555 movements.

Sent from my KW iPhone V3

Armand25

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/7/14
A normal working ST2555 should have a power reserve of 40+ hours. Anything less is questionable. The 40+ hours should be achieved both trough handwinding also autowinding.

ortiizz

Horology Curious
10/5/16
Was just browsing through looking for the same info as my ST2555 on PAM616 is going on 49hrs as I am writing this and it just seemed weird to me which made me look into this matter. By the looks of things I will get to 50hrs soon. Altho the mvt was serviced recently and "out of the mailbox" it gave me around 35hrs I think.

edit: got up to ~51hrs wohoo. :D

Oicu812

Known Member
12/6/14
Was just browsing through looking for the same info as my ST2555 on PAM616 is going on 49hrs as I am writing this and it just seemed weird to me which made me look into this matter. By the looks of things I will get to 50hrs soon. Altho the mvt was serviced recently and "out of the mailbox" it gave me around 35hrs I think.

edit: got up to ~51hrs wohoo. :D

Who did you have do the service on this?