• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[SBF] PAM 1232

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
zNwQ9p.jpg

zNwls5.jpg

Pair of photos Rep. So far, from the obvious and important, I see that the tube, the base of the crown, the CG Pin do not have a PVD coating.

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
That’s poor. It’s not the hardest thing to do and yet it appears they totally overlooked it!!

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
Once again:
This is piss poor. THe prices charged are far from what is justified.
With most 47mm subs and 44mm luminors - you get very minor mistakes. almost perfect case shape and dimensions and a reliable clone movement. In the case with p9010 - you get the p9000 clone which in identical in functionality and mostly hidden behind a solid caseback.

With this new 44mm subs - the movement is well the same p9000 clone, which albeit reliable is just too thick - hence the additionl 2-3 mm thickness. This beeing the biggest flaw.

The many other small mistakes are just... Well not just what VSF used to be. True there are some flaws with a number of VSF models - i.e. The 1117 where the lume on the CG is completly wrong. However this is such a limited model. With this new 44 mm subs - getting a gen shouldn't be an issue. Repping by pic might work, once you get the case shape right.

SBF should rebrand to SLF - So lazy factory.

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
The many other small mistakes are just... Well not just what VSF used to be. True there are some flaws with a number of VSF models - i.e. The 1117 where the lume on the CG is completly wrong. However this is such a limited model. With this new 44 mm subs - getting a gen shouldn't be an issue. Repping by pic might work, once you get the case shape right.

SBF should rebrand to SLF - So lazy factory.
I said it before - who tells us, SBF is the "real" successor of VSF? SBF says so. Fine. The TDs say so. Fine too. VSF means money, so imo we should be be too trusting ;-)
Yes, they have access to the old clone movements. But that´s all I can see. The quality of the new SBF-Reps has nothing in common with the old VSF-Reps. I guess this is just a marketing stunt. But of course I have no proof for that ;-)

locvs

7/12/20
Germany
I said it before - who tells us, SBF is the "real" successor of VSF? SBF says so. Fine. The TDs say so. Fine too. VSF means money, so imo we should be be too trusting ;-)
Yes, they have access to the old clone movements. But that´s all I can see. The quality of the new SBF-Reps has nothing in common with the old VSF-Reps. I guess this is just a marketing stunt. But of course I have no proof for that ;-)
THe real question is:
Which part of the production of a rep is done by VSF/SBF?
Obviously the movements are externally sourced. And there is some exclusivity (p9000 only beeing available to VSF)
Probably the people responsible for the cases are no longer involved in the development/production. The models available pre raid that are still beeing produced are much better. Which makes me think, that the engineers that do the recerse engineering and case design are no longer active. Or at least some of them...

Reactions: JayBee0815

JayBee0815

Repoholics Anonymous
Patron
Certified
20/1/21
Heart of Europe
Right. And it is also not known whether the "old VSF" made the cases themselves or whether they obtained them from a supplier. Perhaps the supplier no longer exists or no longer produces parts for rep-factories? So we don't know anything for sure. All we know is that the quality is no longer right.

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Apart from the mentioned absence of black PVD on the visible metal parts (CG pin, tube, crown), and the frame of the date window, which does not look difficult, but does not lend itself to either TTF or SBF, I suggest paying attention to the sub-dial, which, has a concentric and glossy , as on classic submersibles (and not only), while it should be matte and have a texture that fully corresponds to the overall texture of the dial.
Let me remind you, exactly the same problem that we saw on PAM616 V1-2, and fixed on V3. Although models such as PAM508 did not have such problems initially.

I am attaching GEN photos for reference:

zNSP7t.jpg

zNSC8F.jpg

zNSdYE.jpg

zNSX32.jpg

jonnybaws

I'm Pretty Popular
30/5/14
Not just the sub dial the paint fill in the bezel numbers is wrong.. I'll hold off getting this until they release a V2 (if they do). There's much to fix!

Last edited:

KOT1917

26/7/19
Russian federation
Not just the sub dial the paint fill in the bezel numbers is wrong.. I'll hold off getting this until they release a V2 (if they do). There's much to fix!
And even that's not all. The numerals are 15/30/45 on the bezel, the thickness of the crown, and in general, if someone could confirm first hand that the CG lever is made of carbotech, I would not doubt it.
zN0r1P.jpg

zN0loQ.jpg

zN0tMW.jpg

zN0BgS.jpg

zN0pTL.jpg

zN0C0R.jpg

zN0T58.jpg

Last edited:

andy_fin

Renowned Member
Certified
4/3/21
Europa
Did anyone end up buying this? Does it have "CARBOTEOH" on the caseback or have they fixed it?