• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Sales thread location tag

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Some forums have access to "bling" or a way to prefix your topics...

I would really love a location tag/bling.

UK - flag
USA - flag
Canada - flag
Europe - flag

---
You get the drift... but it means when you scroll through the threads you can instantly see things within your own country. Myself and many other UK people like to do business with others within the UK, likewise for members across the pond etc.

Reactions: mbujo

dogwood

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/21
Canada
This is something I already do (and which I was simply copying from others)... when I post something for sale I start with [CA/US/WW] to indicate where I'm willing to ship to in the order of my preference. But I see what you mean about formalizing this system to allow for quicker scanning of listing. There isn't great "filtering" in the software that the forum runs on (or at least I haven't figured out how to filter efficiently). But it would be convinient to be able to (for example) view sales posts in Canada, that are Green, from Supporters OR Patrons who have over 500 posts over 100 characters, and who have been members for over 1 year. But that's probably a little too much SQL for casual forum users.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
This is something I already do (and which I was simply copying from others)... when I post something for sale I start with [CA/US/WW] to indicate where I'm willing to ship to in the order of my preference. But I see what you mean about formalizing this system to allow for quicker scanning of listing. There isn't great "filtering" in the software that the forum runs on (or at least I haven't figured out how to filter efficiently). But it would be convinient to be able to (for example) view sales posts in Canada, that are Green, from Supporters OR Patrons who have over 500 posts over 100 characters, and who have been members for over 1 year. But that's probably a little too much SQL for casual forum users.
I also tag with [UK] which makes it easier for people to see when they're scrolling, but a filter would be very handy, or at least as part of the title format.

Reactions: Sonofalich

crashworkz

Gentleman
Certified
14/11/22
EU
I think this is a good idea, but if it results in a workload increase for mods, maybe an alternative would be making location mandatory in the title. It's great that people do that already, but if it was mandatory we'd see it on all the threads.

Game Master Twitch GIF by Hyper RPG

Storm.

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
14/2/20
Oh yes. The great country of Europe.