• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

SA Hellcat Pro OSP limited w/Holosun 507

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I have a handgun that I truly love for every caliber except 9mm. My first pistol in 1997 was a Beretta 8000D. It is a nice gun, shoots well, but the size and weight really makes it something I wont carry anymore. My daily carry has been a Ruger LCR .38+P , or my Sig Sauer P238 .380, both with very capable rounds ;).

I wanted to add a new flavor to my arsenal and the obvious choice was to go with 9mm given what I own and the cost of ammo (9mm seems the cheapest other than .22lr).

I chose the Sprinfield Armory Hellcat Pro OSP 9mm Lipsey Limited edition. For optics I chose the Holosun HE507K-GR X2 which required me to use the Calculated Kinetics adapter plate.

I'm pretty excited to get some range time with this.

I've got the gun, waiting on the green dot. I'll post pics of it all put together when I receive it.

Last edited:

Morrob95

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/12/19
Take a look at the IWI Masada 9S. That’s my choice over the hellcat. That being said, the hellcat is great for that class too. I just picked up a DWX for range days and a Masada for edc

Morrob95

11/12/19
Also, good choice on the 507. I went trijicom rm01, wish I went holosun though!

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Very nice. I have shot the IWI Masada 9S at my friends house. I really enjoyed shooting it. I couldn't resist my deal tho on this Hellcat. I got a deal from my friend at the shop, $490 with 5 mags and a range bag.

Reactions: 1MoreWatch

Morrob95

11/12/19
Very nice. I have shot the IWI Masada 9S at my friends house. I really enjoyed shooting it. I couldn't resist my deal tho on this Hellcat. I got a deal from my friend at the shop, $490 with 5 mags and a range bag.
:eek::eek: Oh yeah, 490 is a no brainer with 5 mags, dang! Yeah in that case, you got a great edc. What's your preferred IWB holster? I'm looking for one for this Masada

I didn't realize one of my serial numbers was showing in my previous post, mind deleting that post for me? LOL

Reactions: daytona4me

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I'm not a big fan of IWB, maybe because I haven't found any I like. This is another reason I carry my P238 or LCR, they really slide into my front or back pocket. I want to find a good shoulder holster for this and for my Sig Legion .40

RDRoss

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
28/5/19
Oddly in a 9mm I would also consider looking at the FN 509 and 503 (503s are well priced IMHO).

Reactions: daytona4me

Cooter Dip

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/6/23
USA
I have a handgun that I truly love for every caliber except 9mm. My first pistol in 1997 was a Beretta 8000D. It is a nice gun, shoots well, but the size and weight really makes it something I wont carry anymore. My daily carry has been a Ruger LCR .38+P , or my Sig Sauer P238 .380, both with very capable rounds ;).

I wanted to add a new flavor to my arsenal and the obvious choice was to go with 9mm given what I own and the cost of ammo (9mm seems the cheapest other than .22lr).

I chose the Sprinfield Armory Hellcat Pro OSP 9mm Lipsey Limited edition. For optics I chose the Holosun HE507K-GR X2 which required me to use the Calculated Kinetics adapter plate.

I'm pretty excited to get some range time with this.

I've got the gun, waiting on the green dot. I'll post pics of it all put together when I receive it.

I hope this isn't considered a gravedig since it's the most recently posted thread in this subsection.

Did you end up adding the holosun to your hellcat? What did you think?

I have the Hellcat RDP and have owned it for about a year and a half now. Mine has the factory HEX Wasp red dot on it - no bueno. I had to send the red dot back to Springfield because it is supposed to have a 5-year always-on battery life, but was eating batteries every month. After a year, the second Hex Wasp batteries have also died. I'm thinking about either replacing with a Holosun (I have 5-6 holosuns on other firearms and love them), or selling the whole package and grabbing a Glock 43.

I'll post pics momentarily, from my phone.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
I hope this isn't considered a gravedig since it's the most recently posted thread in this subsection.

Did you end up adding the holosun to your hellcat? What did you think?

I have the Hellcat RDP and have owned it for about a year and a half now. Mine has the factory HEX Wasp red dot on it - no bueno. I had to send the red dot back to Springfield because it is supposed to have a 5-year always-on battery life, but was eating batteries every month. After a year, the second Hex Wasp batteries have also died. I'm thinking about either replacing with a Holosun (I have 5-6 holosuns on other firearms and love them), or selling the whole package and grabbing a Glock 43.

I'll post pics momentarily, from my phone.

Yes, I did the Holosun for this exact reason. I wanted the wasp but not with the battery issues. How they can produce such an awesome gun but terrible optic defies logic! I love it, I just wish I didn't have to use a plate, it hinders me from using the iron sights with quick acquisition.

Reactions: Cooter Dip

Cooter Dip

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
25/6/23
USA
Yes, I did the Holosun for this exact reason. I wanted the wasp but not with the battery issues. How they can produce such an awesome gun but terrible optic defies logic! I love it, I just wish I didn't have to use a plate, it hinders me from using the iron sights with quick acquisition.

Looks fantastic!

Yeah, I didn't know about the battery issues before purchasing, but definitely would have gone a different route had I of known. Otherwise, I love the gun. You should look into the hogue slip on rubber grip for these. It's a small change but creates a huge "perceived" difference.

I have a plate with my Glock 17 holosun setup, so I feel you! I ended up putting different irons on it.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Looks fantastic!

Yeah, I didn't know about the battery issues before purchasing, but definitely would have gone a different route had I of known. Otherwise, I love the gun. You should look into the hogue slip on rubber grip for these. It's a small change but creates a huge "perceived" difference.

I have a plate with my Glock 17 holosun setup, so I feel you! I ended up putting different irons on it.
Good tip. I'll check it out.

Reactions: Cooter Dip