• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RXWF Glashutte Spezialist Diver New Release (Comparison vs. Genuine)

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Got it - thanks! Fortunately, the rubber is soft enough that folding the extra end backwards works pretty well. I’d still like one that is 20+mm shorter though. The search continues! 😂

I really don’t know why virtually all the FKM straps on Aliexpress are so long, especially given that wrist size in China is probably on average smaller than the west.

Rogg

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
24/5/23
Somewhere in Europe
I want to buy this nice watch, but I am wondering if swiss sw200 is worth premium 100€ over a2824.
I heard these sw200s is some kind of movements which can’t went through QC to swiss watches.

What is your opinion please?

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

Supporter
Certified
31/7/23
USA
Personally, I think the extra money is worth it both for the smoother operation and repairability in the future. When you feel the quality of this rep in hand, it just makes sense to use a solid movement inside.

Reactions: Rogg

ChooperKool

Horology Curious
8/7/17
Has anyone successfully removed the bezel? I put it into my bezel removal tool but it would not seperate enough to release (which i've never had before on any watch).

My bezel alignment is slightly off so I was going to remove the insert and reseat it with glue. If anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated!
The bezel itself on my example is about as tough to remove as they come, very much like your experience.

Periodically I tried different methods to remove the bezel insert on mine, without success. The other day I finally tried the old hot-glue method, and it worked. Namely; found a piece of PVC pipe the same width as the bezel insert. Plugged the old hot glue gun into the wall, spooged a trail of glue around the end of the PVC pipe then smooshed that onto the bezel insert.

After waiting a few moments for the glue to set, I was gently able to work the bezel insert out, applying as even a perpendicular pulling force to the pipe as I could so as not to risk cracking the bezel insert. I was finally able to align the insert perfectly after several months, and I can tell you it was an unexpected relief. The watch has been getting more wrist time as a result. Super rep.

PS: for those who haven't managed to take a peek, the bezel unit that hides beneath the insert is very flush with the crystal sides, so I would have had little joy trying to access the retainer spring by that route, at least without pressing the crystal out.

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
@ChooperKool do you have any pics with the insert removed? I had a misaligned insert I wanted to refit as well. After failing to get the bezel off I heated the insert, rotated and then held in place whilst it cooled.

ChooperKool

Horology Curious
8/7/17
@ChooperKool do you have any pics with the insert removed? I had a misaligned insert I wanted to refit as well. After failing to get the bezel off I heated the insert, rotated and then held in place whilst it cooled.
I don't, but just for you I'll remove the insert once more and take some.

• Haha
Reactions: Parto

ChooperKool

Horology Curious
8/7/17
Ha! Bet you thought I was being sarcastic, but in fact I am foolish enough to actually remove bezel inserts just to get a photo for a forum.

In all seriousness the hot glue/pipe method is gentle enough that I'll be using it on any insert I need to remove in future. It didn't even scuff the paintwork. I've used it on a rafflesdials sub bezel insert since, and it was a joy to use. A joy.

As you can see, I couldn't find the bit of PVC pipe I used before. Handily, an old vitamin pill bottle worked just as well.

Reactions: KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

KNOCK-KNOCK-KNOCK

Supporter
Certified
31/7/23
USA
Ha! Bet you thought I was being sarcastic, but in fact I am foolish enough to actually remove bezel inserts just to get a photo for a forum.

In all seriousness the hot glue/pipe method is gentle enough that I'll be using it on any insert I need to remove in future. It didn't even scuff the paintwork. I've used it on a rafflesdials sub bezel insert since, and it was a joy to use. A joy.

As you can see, I couldn't find the bit of PVC pipe I used before. Handily, an old vitamin pill bottle worked just as well.
Haha - the commitment is amazing. 😂

So from what you said before, it sounds like this one is going to be more or less impossible to remove the whole bezel?

Reactions: ChooperKool

ChooperKool

Horology Curious
8/7/17
Haha - the commitment is amazing. 😂

So from what you said before, it sounds like this one is going to be more or less impossible to remove the whole bezel?
Wouldn't say that; part of the reason I really didn't crank at it with the bezel removal tool at full force before, was the risk of cracking the ceramic insert (have had that happen before, oh yes I have).

With the insert removed, I might be motivated to give it some more oomph, and it might come loose. However the action's good enough for me at the moment, so no need.

It's a tough one though, I'll give it that

Statist

30/9/22
It didn't even scuff the paintwork

Lucky you. My paint fell out after just a few days, without me having put much stress on it. Let's hope your paint has survived better.

I've been waiting for my replacement bezel from Jtime for almost a year now...so that was my first and last order from him.

If it helps, and I'm sure it will be necessary soon with the hot glue job, I finally repaired the numerals quite well and durably with polyurethane-based high-gloss lacquer. All the digits have to be new, the color cannot be matched. The paint must be completely removed and cleaned with spirit. It must be overfilled without bubbles (the edge overlaps by approx. 0.5 mm) - in my case a sharpened toothpick is ideal. After drying (long enough!!) you can level it with a sharp knife. Ensure low humidity during drying, otherwise the polyurethane will bubble.

I want to buy this nice watch, but I am wondering if swiss sw200 is worth premium 100€ over a2824.

This caliber is worth every penny but only if you do the rotor fix. Mine is one of the best running under several other original (GEN) Glashütte.

Would be wise to completely switch to such movement - or at least the PT1000 - in the rep game and stopping the stupid plate thing, instead using sold casebacks.

The disfunctional rotor on this watch , while being invisible with the solid caseback, is a quite stupid thing!

fra44

8/10/23
Might be asking a stupid question, but after checking out dozens of pictures of this watch, both here and on Reddit I noticed that the domed crystal always distorts the shape of the indices on the circumference of the dial.

So my question is - how do I QC those indices? Even in QC pics on Reddit, they are often distorted either at the top or the bottom

Reactions: ChooperKool

ChooperKool

Horology Curious
8/7/17
Might be asking a stupid question, but after checking out dozens of pictures of this watch, both here and on Reddit I noticed that the domed crystal always distorts the shape of the indices on the circumference of the dial.

So my question is - how do I QC those indices? Even in QC pics on Reddit, they are often distorted either at the top or the bottom
It makes it tougher to QC, and that's a fact.

On the bright side it also makes it less likely that you'll see any misalignment when it's on your wrist as well :LOL: As always, OCD is our enemy in this hobby.

I think this is just a case of trying one's best with a straight-on photo.

Reactions: fra44

ChooperKool

Horology Curious
8/7/17
Lucky you. My paint fell out after just a few days, without me having put much stress on it. Let's hope your paint has survived better.

I've been waiting for my replacement bezel from Jtime for almost a year now...so that was my first and last order from him.

If it helps, and I'm sure it will be necessary soon with the hot glue job, I finally repaired the numerals quite well and durably with polyurethane-based high-gloss lacquer. All the digits have to be new, the color cannot be matched. The paint must be completely removed and cleaned with spirit. It must be overfilled without bubbles (the edge overlaps by approx. 0.5 mm) - in my case a sharpened toothpick is ideal. After drying (long enough!!) you can level it with a sharp knife. Ensure low humidity during drying, otherwise the polyurethane will bubble.

This caliber is worth every penny but only if you do the rotor fix. Mine is one of the best running under several other original (GEN) Glashütte.

Would be wise to completely switch to such movement - or at least the PT1000 - in the rep game and stopping the stupid plate thing, instead using sold casebacks.

The disfunctional rotor on this watch , while being invisible with the solid caseback, is a quite stupid thing!
Thanks for the thought, and I remember reading the posts about the issue you experienced at the time. Commiserations.

Whether it's due to blind luck in getting a bezel where they happened to use a better paint, or blind luck in the climate where I live not causing the paint to de-nature, I've experienced zero issues with it either pre-or-post bezel removal, and I bought the watch in 2022. Fingers crossed it's a rare issue.

The rotor switch is a great mod on this watch, and one wishes rep factories focused more on closed-caseback models in general!

Reactions: Statist

Moerty

Horology Curious
18/8/19
Hey guys! I tried to do the Rotor mod, since my watch didnt work really well and I hatte to always Wind it manual. So i have bought the new roto and removed the old one. But now i have the decorative Platte on top. How du i removed this, which screws Do i have to lose to get rod of the plate? Thank you very much!

Statist

30/9/22
Hey guys! I tried to do the Rotor mod, since my watch didnt work really well and I hatte to always Wind it manual. So i have bought the new roto and removed the old one. But now i have the decorative Platte on top. How du i removed this, which screws Do i have to lose to get rod of the plate? Thank you very much!

This is not a legit SW200...see my initial post for comparison.
Also no decorative plates on the SW200 Versions.
Seems like they canged the caliber for the most useless option I could think of...decorative plates under a solid case back! So stupid, as if the non working rotor was not stupid enought! OMG
Get your money back...!

SixthFall

Looking Around
9/10/22
Wait, so are they not making it with the sw200 anymore? The sw200 was a big reason I was trying to get one, but if it’s been replaced by the a2824, I don’t think I’m interested anymore

mbujo

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
24/11/22
Germany
Wait, so are they not making it with the sw200 anymore? The sw200 was a big reason I was trying to get one, but if it’s been replaced by the a2824, I don’t think I’m interested anymore
Not 100% sure, but I think there are 2 versions and it depands on how much you want to pay.