• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RWI Hall of Fame 2011

ALE7575

Section Mod
Section Moderator
Certified
18/1/11
Congrats Wiz for your good position in this pole.
I'm very happy you are the first one.
I think this time you will win as you deserve
ALE

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Seems like only 3 or 4 of the candidates post regularly and consequently should get most of the votes. Some of the others have already had their day but their memory lives on. Lately I've wondered how Higgy is doing. He was very welcoming to me when I joined here.

I think the top 3 candidates at the top of the list do a great job, plus they post often, which is nice.

I'd guess over 90% of the active membership couldn't tell you who Pugwash or even the legendary By-Tor is...Which is understandable do to inactivity, but they are on this list for good reason. They were the cornerstone of RWI for a longtime, and were an intrical part of it's early success. They gave me countless hrs of unparalleled knowledge, and entertainment. We have an equal new cast today, which when you think about it, is amazing. Hats off to the old times, and the original members who made RWI their home.
As another HOF member (in my eyes) would say...
Life is good.

Exactly ZoSo, it's a Hall of Fame not member of the year. It is to recognise all who have had a lasting effect on RWI not the flavour of the month. When the inductions are done into the rock and roll HoF you will find the Rolling Stones or Bob Marley feature not Justin Beiber (and may he never do so either :) ).

wiscrna

I'm Pretty Popular
3/8/10
Exactly ZoSo, it's a Hall of Fame not member of the year. It is to recognise all who have had a lasting effect on RWI not the flavour of the month. When the inductions are done into the rock and roll HoF you will find the Rolling Stones or Bob Marley feature not Justin Beiber (and may he never do so either :) ).

Yeah, but for some silly GD reason, Rush isn't in there, even though they rank 3rd behind the Beatles and the Stones in consecutive Gold/Platinum albums. (Sorry, couldn't resist). :)

Voted. I'm with Paul. Lovely ladies always get my vote. ;)

Will

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Yeah, but for some silly GD reason, Rush isn't in there, even though they rank 3rd behind the Beatles and the Stones in consecutive Gold/Platinum albums. (Sorry, couldn't resist). :)

Voted. I'm with Paul. Lovely ladies always get my vote. ;)

Will
I would have voted for Ahw also, but I could have sworn she was already inducted...My bad.

Far as album sales, I guess you can swing numbers to make almost any good selling poplar music act to look like they are in th top in sales...
No matter how you cut it, Elvis is the king.

Pix

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Advisor
Certified
22/12/06
FR
TTT
Don't forget you're voting for people who have significantly marked the history of RWI.
Not the dealer of the year, not the member of the year : the members of the decade :)

G30

I'm Pretty Popular
12/1/11
DOUBLE Hall of Famer...

Yesss! :thumbsup:

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
It's hard to believe Pug's has zero votes being one of the founders of RWI...Maybe we need an Honorary HoF category.

BADWIN BING

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/10
It's hard to believe Pug's has zero votes being one of the founders of RWI...Maybe we need an Honorary HoF category.

I read an earlier post on this subject. There are five members that I don't recognise on this list, and nor will countless others.

They are obviously on the list for a reason so I think you may have a point cybee. What has been done in the past for the good of the forum should not go unrecognized. The noobs (myself included) I'm sure, have a lot to be thankful for the contributions for the names we do not recognize.

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
Aren't you already in the HoF, AHW?
Hmmmz....

I just noticed...Isn't AHW676 already inducted?

I would have voted for Ahw also, but I could have sworn she was already inducted...My bad.

Far as album sales, I guess you can swing numbers to make almost any good selling poplar music act to look like they are in th top in sales...
No matter how you cut it, Elvis is the king.

I read an earlier post on this subject. There are five members that I don't recognise on this list, and nor will countless others.

They are obviously on the list for a reason so I think you may have a point cybee. What has been done in the past for the good of the forum should not go unrecognized. The noobs (myself included) I'm sure, have a lot to be thankful for the contributions for the names we do not recognize.

You would not believe the impact that Pugs and By-Tor had on this, and ALL the other forums...Their early day contributions are the foundation of almost everything the forums basis is today as far as education of replica's, reviews, and photo taking...It's good we have a committee who votes and not just a popular vote, as they may not be active and well known, the contribution should not be forgotten.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
No AHW is not a member of the HOF. If she was she would not be on that list would she?

Maybe we need an Honorary HoF category.
If one reads the introductory post to this thread (does anyone ever read my posts? :) ) one would see that yes indeed two of the three inductees will be voted by committee. Each and every name on there is a person that has played a vital role in the life and times of this forum whether the current crop of members know them or not. Most are ex admin, some founding members and others such as By-Tor have simply given so much to the rich history of RWI and indeed repdom as a whole.

This member vote was something of an experiment and just goes to show how short the memories of fora patrons indeed are. Pity that.

It also goes to show that whatever Wiz is doing he's doing it right :)

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
If one reads the introductory post to this thread (does anyone ever read my posts? :) ) one would see that yes indeed two of the three inductees will be voted by committee.
Yesh, some of us are paying attention...
It's good we have a committee who votes and not just a popular vote, as they may not be active and well known, the contribution should not be forgotten.