• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Is this authentic? It's quartz, lol

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Seller have 700 positive feedback at eBay and he try too sell a cheap Quartz rep for 19k$?? Hahaha

Sent from my iPhone 6

yentob

22/7/12
LOL, this has to be a joke. Look what he/she states in the listing:

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]There was concern among ebay buyers that because it says "Quartz". Some people thought AP didn't do Royal Oaks in Quartz but AP told me that they did a limited run of them.[/FONT]

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
I have send the seller a PM at eBay and this guy is really funny. He really thing it's a gen AP

Sent from my iPad Air 2

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
I messaged him last night, response is below

This is me:

Piguet Royal Oak Offshore Watch + Poster!
Sent Date: Dec-25-14 14:39:43 PST

Dear cromstrong,

Are you serious with the AP?
It s a $150 dollar fake.
AP don t do any Quartz in this model
Cuts on 5 and 7 are all wrong
AR is a joke
Date window is wrong
It s not even a good fake
Sub dial spacing is off

The response

I'll look into this before the auction's end. I did call AP and asked them if they did any Quartz royal oaks and the official AP person told me YES, some limited ones were quartz. So i'll next ask them about this spacing thing that you bring up. I'll cancel it before this ends if they verify its fake or not.

- cromstrong

chris3007

Mythical Poster
24/8/13
Tell him, AP did never a APROO Quartz. They make some 33mm RO's with a Quartz movement, that's it. But beside the Quartz or not Quartz thing, the rest off this rep is just a joke. It's not a 150$ rep, it's just a 20$ rep.

Sent from my iPad Air 2

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
I have send the seller a PM at eBay and this guy is really funny. He really thing it's a gen AP

Sent from my iPad Air 2
Na but he'd like you to think so I'm sure.

omegex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/14
Having looked at the sellers feedback on items he/she sold, everything sold appears to have been toys.
Aah, the penny drops, the seller was listing a HIGH priced toy.