• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Royal Oak Offshore dlc Beast

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
It’s also nice to see AP stepping out of the box on this one. I’m sure this one will be repped with the quickness.

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
I’m looking for Legend to have this one on his wrist really soon.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I take it Legend that you’re not a fan of dlc?
I do like DLC on certain watches but it needs to be considered holistically.
For this watch on DLC, it is reminiscent of a Chanel J12 for me, and not really my thing.
If for example, they give the dial/tachy red accents and match it with red straps, with the case and clasp being DLC, and call it the Black Widow or whatever fancy marketing name, I will like it a lot more. It is just a matter of personal preference D, there is no right or wrong about it.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
I've always thought that was one of AP's most boring dials
Understandably so. The design is a tribute to the original beast released in 1993 and it is a "like it or hate it" dial for most.
I do like it myself for what it represents, and not really for the aesthetics.

Reactions: TESLA760

AAH1483

Certified
5/12/12
I do like DLC on certain watches but it needs to be considered holistically.
For this watch on DLC, it is reminiscent of a Chanel J12 for me, and not really my thing.
If for example, they give the dial/tachy red accents and match it with red straps, with the case and clasp being DLC, and call it the Black Widow or whatever fancy marketing name, I will like it a lot more. It is just a matter of personal preference D, there is no right or wrong about it.
The Chanel J12 ?? I can very much see what you’re saying.

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
i take that back its correct as a ceramic case previous post talked about DCL coating
maybe i give this a try its sexy

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
i take that back its correct as a ceramic case previous post talked about DCL coating
maybe i give this a try its sexy
In a way it’s a still fantasy because the gen has the seconds at 6, different date fonts and different subdial spacing. The ceramic bracelet is also missing from the rep.
But as long as you like it there is no harm at all trying anything.

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
A no go for me due to the sec@12

They need to update the movement before releases new ROO lineup.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
A no go for me due to the sec@12

They need to update the movement before releases new ROO lineup.
That is exactly what I’ve been saying for the 26238 reps. It can never be a decent rep for me as long as the movement, subdial spacing and date fonts aren’t updated.

This is like the first release of the 26170 ROOs. They had the second@9 movement with equal subdial spacings (ironically like the gen 26238 have now lol) VS the sec@12 and non symmetrical subdial spacings in the 26170 gen ROOs.

Last edited: