• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

$48 Submariner LV – Pictures (Serious Modem Burner)

bama1965

Renowned Member
26/7/11
North America
$48 Submariner LV – Pictures (Serious Modem Burner)

Well, my $48 Submariner LV arrived from China after a 12 day journey. I have listed the dealer at the end of the post. This watch will be my guinea pig for several mods I have planned. Here is the link to the mods performed on this watch: Sub LV mods

The wait was excruciatingly long because I was excited to compare this budget “noobmariner” with the other subs in my collection. I abhor waiting for anything but this hobby is teaching me how to be patient! The tracking system for EMS did not help alleviate my impatience as it was very slow to update.

But, eventually, my package arrived and I must admit I was not expecting much for $48, but I am truly (pleasantly) surprised.

It has been said that a picture is worth a 1,000 words, so here are some pictures of what $48 (+ $20 shipping) and a 12 day waiting period gets you:

Complete Watch Pictures

complete.jpg

complete1.jpg

complete2.jpg

complete3.jpg

complete4.jpg

complete5.jpg

complete6.jpg

complete7.jpg

Details, Details, Details………

Dial:

dial3.jpg

dial2.jpg

dial.jpg

Pearl:

pearl3.jpg

pearl2.jpg

pearl.jpg

Crown Guard and Crown:

crownguard.jpg

crown5.jpg

crown4.jpg

crown3.jpg

crown1.jpg

crown.jpg

Bezel and Bezel Insert:

insert4.jpg

insert3.jpg

insert1.jpg

insert.jpg

bezel2.jpg

bezel.jpg

Bracelet and Clasp:

bracelt1.jpg

bracelt3.jpg

bracelt3.jpg

bracelt5.jpg

clasp.jpg

clasp1.jpg

SEL:

SEL.jpg

sel1.jpg

sel2.jpg

Wrist Shots:

wrist.jpg

wrist2.jpg

wrist3.jpg

Hope you enjoyed the Pictures!

Purchased from Here: Timesshops Sub $48

Ken

eVojlib

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
15/1/11
Nice pics, thanks for taking the time to post these up.

Enjoy the watch and happy modding..

Mr. Pap

Section Moderator
Section Moderator
5/6/08
wow!!! shipping costs where half the watch... for that price it looks like a killer. If you want drop me a pm where did you got that one...

rol_man

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
25/7/08
Not bad at all for 48 bucks.

sub4me

Legendary Member
30/4/06
No kidding, nice watch and thats the price we should all be paying for these. I like it, looks good, wear it well.

sharrkey

Legendary Member
Advisor
14/6/08
Look's great for $48 mate, thanks for sharing the photo's....

west-wot

Known Member
22/8/11
could you also pm me where you got that from, be an ideal first rolex before getting in deep

coop

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Advisor
11/10/06
Yup, pretty good for $48. I have had several like it for about the same price.

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
looks like a great deal - NO idea how accurate this rep is but I like it.

How's the weight?

seriph

I'm Pretty Popular
27/8/11
thanks - still seems an excellent deal .... looked at the site (just bought 5 at once ... others, not this one) and it is the cheapest one there.

As someone said, at $48 it is great, but of course this represents a week's wages in China...it is always a challenge to place in context, "actual" value in different regions.

A Fascinating Phenomenon: I recall when I was in HK and ambled out of bed at around 11 o'clock one Sunday morning when we were staying above a high-dollar shopping mall right beside where the Star Ferry comes in to Kowloon (can't recall the place's name) we saw long queues of people happliy waiting to go into the shops! Granted they were Gucci, Burberry, Nike, Chloe, LV and so on but there were actually people in long queues patiently waiting to be allowed in by door-staff to these stores in two's and three's.

I asked our hosts about this and they explained that shopping was almost like that national the pastime of most HK'ers. My wife and I went into one of the stores (being clearly NOT locals, we were ushered in to the Chloe store immediately ... if only they knew we were poor Aussies!) We saw a bag that was literally identical to the knockoff my wife had just bought and had with her - it was exact - to the stitch - as far as I could tell ... and being the world's greatest tight-ar5e I looked hard. The bag was $16500HKD which I was informed is a LOT of money (depending on job of course, but I imagine this could represent more than a month's wages) to a HK local.

Anyway, our friends claimed that there are a very large number of locals who would NEVER buy a knockoff, even though the cost of the gens is brutal.

I found it funny that we "rich foreigners" seem to be the market for knockoffs made in a country that wouldn't have 'em. I am sure there's more to it and I am surely waffling, but the study of brand and people's addiction (real or fake) to it fascinates me.

D

d4m.test

THAT is a $48 Sub??? Egad, K., that's an excellent catch; AND, those are some MAJOR closeups! Good job & a lot better than what I can do. Timeshops? Not surprised, though; I have several of them myself. Have fun; and, of course, be sure to post pics of the mods once done.

dave