• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Submariner 1680, The Emblematic Watch

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
Rolex Submariner 1680 :
The Vintage Emblematic Watch,
The Rolex Sports Watch Reference,
The Grail,

First I would like to thanks all member who have sent to me their stock 1680 for a relooking, also watches and watch parts
trusted dealers here without them it would not be possible to appease this hobby

Since a few months I have reshaped, relumed, restored reps and gens and built from scratch a lot of 1680 , this time piece comes at number one of the members choice,
This watch really causes a passion and is on all collectors wishe list also THE Grail for lot of Rolex vintage collectors,

No one day without pms and mails about The 1680, lot of members ask me the same questions :
Who sells the best 1680 model ?
May I go to swap tube, crown, dial, cristal...etc...for gen parts ?
In fact I don't know, tastes and the colors vary for each one. My philosophy is to bring a stock watch to a higher level while privileging the stock parts, for cost reasons.
If visually and compared a rep crown has exactly the same size and is well cut whit a good embossed coronet, why to spend money for a
gen ? But I admit a clever mixt of stock and good aftermarket parts will make the watch

My philosophy is the visual look, cosmetic aspect, rather than to know the tube or endlinks are gen.
As I work on gen also, I handle a lot of gen vintage Rolex, most of the time reps look better, its the true.
Yes, well moded reps have elegance, one important thing you have to know : dozens of gen have wrong endlinks, wrong clasps with no matching numbers, faded dials and brand new Luminova hands etc... and are over priced

However,
To answer at the 2 major questions :
To get a good vintage watch and premium aftermarket parts, go with Pure time, Yukiwatch and Clark. This is not advertising, they don't give me money to tell this,
I think when stuff and service are perfect it must be said, and that will help everyone

Following, a few samples of 1680 I have built relumed, reshaped these past weeks, : details of dial lume, case and crown guards reshaping, cristal height, side profiles etc. enjoy, I am sure this will give inspiration and ideas and dont hesitate to pm or email me

e24m.jpg

5gxw.jpg

0y5p.jpg

52z5.jpg

8td2.jpg

or6c.jpg

svqn.jpg

tym2.jpg

ubf8.jpg

mjx4.jpg

dhk1.jpg

yu53.jpg

stc7.jpg

mbrt.jpg

8td2.jpg

Hope you liked :)

Reactions: up_right
D

d4m.test

Loved it. These 1680´s are simply great. Thx for sharing and for the re-confirming the tips. Beautiful vintage watches.

SMorvant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
31/12/12
Really nice work, looking to get one with gen movement inside.

VUELO714

Horology Curious
5/1/14
Great ! it's a very good work

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk