• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!
  • RWI no longer offers support for TapaTalk due to support issues and the cost of doing so. The new software offers excellent support for mobile browsers on both Android and iOS with a mobile version of the stndard forum themes. Please use your browser of choice for viewing RWI on your mobile device from now on.

ROLEX ? Submariner 16613 - Two-Tone "Blue Index"

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
ROLEX ? Submariner 16613 - Two-Tone "Blue Index"

Hi to all..

After seeing so many nice pics here, I decided to practice my noob skills and follow the tutorials and hints seen on Pug´s and Jiro´s topics.
...and for my surprise, I was amazed by the shots I could get with a little more learning on camera settings...

Camera is a Sony DSC-P200 [7.2mp] with Carl Zeiss lens.

I´m new to these reps/gens forums, and I´m truly enjoying it. I didn´t know it was a so strong passion for so many people, and although I don´t make any mods I would like to learn - who knows - someday. and make it a true hobby to spend sometime later on.
Props to all the forum users, and it´s nice to see alot of people trying to help other fellas to get what they want, being it watches, tools, accesories or mods.

I posted this topic on RWG too, but the feelings are the same, I see many users both here and there, and they´re all nice none the less and not matters where.
Cheers,
Spirit.

oh..and here are my pics :D
Avatar and signature pics are taken/made by myself also...

DSC06675xR.jpg

DSC06681xR2.jpg

DSC06664xtestredux2.jpg

hk45ca

Advisor
17/3/06
Re: ROLEX Submariner 16613 - Just Practicing with the digicam...

nice shots!! i am not good with a camera. you will notice that when you see some of my pictures! lol :lol:

welcome to the forum, enjoy!!!!!

hk

JohnnySac

10/9/06

I am going to guess that is the new MBW right?
It looks pretty nice...

gioarmani7428

2/9/06

Good shots. SELs are better than I had expected for a solid mid-link bracelet.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

Thanks all for the kind replies :D

@ hk45ca:
You´re pretty good at taking pics, mate 8)
...At least your GMT-IIc pics got me attracted. Hehe! I think that what really matters is sharing the pleasure of viewing/admiring the watch with the fellas, and you´re on business with that. 8)

Thanks for the welcome! I´m really enjoying this forum, and I´m amazed by the quality watches and passionate work here
[smilie=happy1.gif]

@ GoatDweller:
Nope, it´s from a local dealer here. Not MBW´s :)
I personally never thought I would get a Submariner so early, since I´m more into Day-Dates and Datejusts, but I always had a crush on the blue dial and although I´m skinny (Thought the Sub wouldlook TOO big on my wrist) I decided to get this cause was a good opportunity to break a taboo of mine and get something new.
I was planning to get a Explorer II - black dial, but didn´t find one on the dealer, and thought sometimes before getting this Sub, but I´m totally satisfied with it now. 8)

@ gioarmani7428
Thanks mate!
Although totally noob-made shots, they came out very satisfying for me. (I even get myself staring at them sometimes - just with no reason)
Well, I´m no expert on the subject, but as much as I love Rollies, it passes my quality control [smilie=angel10.gif]

Thanks all for commenting
8)
Spirit.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
15/4/07
Canada

Looks pretty damn good to me. I also learned from those tutorials but your pics are much better than mine!!!

dizz

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I just decided to dig my first thread where I posted pics here on RWI, just to post a couple of new and updated pics of my 16613..

Watch has spent all night yesterday on my 'atelier' having it´s CGs reworked, the Pearl modded, and the Insert recessed a little bit (I need to recesse it a bit more)
..but most of all the pleasure that it is to take some pics of this fantastic watch which really was the reason of my love for the Submariner watches, and the one that I first bought when I got the balls to jump from a 36mm Datejust to my first 40mm watch ever...

I´ll try to post some more pics of it with time, and get together all the pics I have of my 16613 Submariner "Blue Index":

Enjoy
:D
Cheers,
Spirit.

WristCheckSubmarinerTTAnchor-01.jpg

WristCheckSubmarinerTTAnchor-02.jpg

WristCheckSubmarinerTTDetailscopy.jpg

======================================================================================

WristCheckSubmarinerBasecopy.jpg

16613SubmarineronCatalog.jpg

phillycheez

6/6/09

your sub is quiet amazing spirit... its so bling i had to put on my sunglasses to look at your pictures. 8)

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
Hi friend, too bad your vacation is over :(
comparing the first posts and the latest I must say woooooooooooooooooo, great. You developed a lot of skill and have some of the best pics here in the forum, I am wondering how they will look in 1 year :D

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
Spirit may I ask where you bought your box and all the accessories with it?

P_Diddy

23/6/09
Who do your local dealers in Brazil source their reps from?

Is it from the same factories as the Cartel or do your local dealers import from the cartel?

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

phillycheez said:
your sub is quiet amazing spirit... its so bling i had to put on my sunglasses to look at your pictures. 8)

:D lol! thanks Philly! ...I need to take some daylight pics of it yet! ...I guess they can turn out better than these ones

hk45ca said:
as usual, very beautiful!!!!!!!!! :D

Thanks my friend! You should take some more shots of your amazing TT Sub too! It´s missed on the wristchecks! 8)

guru said:
comparing the first posts and the latest I must say woooooooooooooooooo, great. You developed a lot of skill and have some of the best pics here in the forum, I am wondering how they will look in 1 year :D

Hi my friend!
...Yeah guru, :cry: Now it´s all mad schedule and alot of things to solve... Running days already drove me crazy on the first week, but I´ll have to get used to it again...what can I do? :x
Please play alot of Golf for me when you can...and post shots of the Course to share a bit of peaceful sight while I´m on the megalopolis city ambiance.. lol

Thanks a lot mate! I do hope too, that my skills keep growing with time! All shots taken with the same camera yet, but it my skills don´t change (I´m almost sure I´m taking quite the max from the point&shoot camera I have), I´ll know it´s time to buy another camera.. :lol:

QinetiQ said:
Spirit may I ask where you bought your box and all the accessories with it?

Hey QinetiQ :)
...Boxset, Sub Anchor, Red Tag Seal, Booklets...etc and everything are all GEN there on the pics. :D

P_Diddy said:
Who do your local dealers in Brazil source their reps from?

Is it from the same factories as the Cartel or do your local dealers import from the cartel?

Here in Brazil things work a bit different, fella :)
...There are malls with lots of chinese stores there, and they source it from everywhere. Depending on each store owner. I know some bring it straight from the factories, I know some have relatives that actually own mini-factories, I know some reps come from Shanghai, others from GuangZhou....and so goes on..
It´s too sorted to give you a specific answer for this, but you can find everything around, although mostly - the main focus of the stores - are the a21j models. They ask too much for the ETA models, and it´s a cartel none the less. (with all bullshit and etc...)

============

Cheers RWI ppl!
:mrgreen:
Spirit.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
QinetiQ said:
So I take that's a gen Rolex?

...Not that 16613 TT Sub :)
Box and stuff are from another watch of mine, mate.

Cheers,
Spirit.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

I did this photoshop to a member of the TRF, as he did put a blue leather on his 16613, but without the Daytona endlinks.
...So I suggested him that the daytona Endlinks from the leather version would be a nice addition to hide the gap left between the case and the leather strap, which I thought was just awful.

Decidede to post it here just to show and see how opinions go on this thing :)
BlueTTonLeatherPhotoshopCut2.jpg

Cheers,
8)
Spirit.

QinetiQ

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/8/09
are u using any artificial lighting? or its just daylight lighting?

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06
QinetiQ said:
are u using any artificial lighting? or its just daylight lighting?

Artificial lighting :)
...I usually take these pics at night, so I keep both ceiling and desk lamps ON. You can see the lamp on that pic of the TT + Black Sub, which is, as a matter of info, the only pic taken just with daylight luminosity.

Cheers,
Spirit.

beachcat

30/7/09
That lighting is amazing considering what lamps you're using....just incredible.
You have a natural talent way beyond most.

The blue sub with strap looks great to me.

I wish I could find a rep that looked like the new blue TT.
anyone know how the newer TT rep subs are evolving ?

The ceramic bezel and color of the numerals always look bad to me so far.

Spirit

Rolex Connoisseur
25/8/06

LOL! Just re-reading this comment made me wonder, and decided to post a pic, not 1 year later, but a bit later.

After 3 years of this comment being made:
Submariner16613BlueIndex1024x768-01copy.jpg

Cheers,
Spirit.