• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex needs to be afraid, very afraid.

ab3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/17
I just found a new watch to obsess over!

Allthenamesweretaken

31/7/21
Obsess over the fact they're sold out everywhere. This and the moonswatch have been a pain in the ass to source

Reactions: ab3

ab3

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/17
Obsess over the fact they're sold out everywhere. This and the moonswatch have been a pain in the ass to source
I've actually seen quite a few for sale on chron24 and eBay in new condition. Given the price point I'd rather just buy a new one so I'll have to sit on my hands until supply catches up! Hopefully i Can get a JDM

emdeevee

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
24/5/13
Southern California
Well, for you Glock lovers, there's always this!

z9P1iE.jpg

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Thanks for pointing this review out. Seems less biased that the usual yt seiko crowd. The bezel moving around by hitting stuff would drive me nuts.
Being a functional bi directional GMT bezel ( rotates both ways ) it will do that as there is little resistance unlike the ratchet style divers bezels. No biggie really as its not really a BEZEL used for critical timing - more for quick dual time zone calc.
Its a great looking piece with a decent entry level movement. I havent tried it on or handled one, but I hope the bracelet isnt typically SEIKO rattly .
HARDLEX will be fine for this watch.... its decent enough. I have 2 seikos with hardlex and yes they do scratch MUCH easier than sapphire. MUCH easier....... and Im not rough with them.

Biggest issue I have with the watch is the almost $900 AUD price tag....... its getting up there in price.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
i'm honestly not a fan of hardlex to be honest. It's just not as "nice looking" as a sapphire crystal

Another problem I have with seiko is that magazine or ad photos are one thing, reality is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS disappointing.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
If you want a gen GMT with a gen Swiss movement at a reasonable cost you can always look at a Glycine Airman. Gen Swiss Selitta SW330 and a history of making GMTs longer than Rolex has. You can find these on special sales, I think I paid about $480 for this. The movement alone new can run $300.

This bezel isn't getting knocked around.

wtA5s.jpg

The Glycine Airman

Last edited:

alucard666

I'm Pretty Popular
14/1/10
i'm honestly not a fan of hardlex to be honest. It's just not as "nice looking" as a sapphire crystal

Another problem I have with seiko is that magazine or ad photos are one thing, reality is ALWAYS and I mean ALWAYS disappointing.
They need that 10% more work basically. I have one of the modified seikos that island watch sells and it’s brilliant with sapphire crystal, luminous sapphire bezel , unique color combo and improved bracelet for 299. Happy to pay that for the upgrades.

Seiko absolutely can do this and charge a little extra but instead make the watch just a little disappointing. Go figure.

Reactions: SuperLory

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
New true GMT under a grand... not my cup of tea (44mm) but still another "cheap" GMT.

shyreplover

Renowned Member
12/6/06
The seiko 5 GMT do look good on the picture but upon seeing in person I have to say I was disappointed with the dial finish. It' not glossy it's not matte, more like it skip one spray process.
The rest is no issue since it is the old SKX watch with GMT movt.

Rolex is not worry about Seiko, they probably worry about Pagani Design watches.

m3le

Horology Curious
2/12/19
New true GMT under a grand... not my cup of tea (44mm) but still another "cheap" GMT.

ohhh this one is nice!

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Of the newest gmts, the one I like most up to now is probably Serica:

Reactions: big_polarbear

big_polarbear

Captain SWAGddock
Patron
Certified
27/7/20
Sweden
40mm is a nice size! That's why I like the Serica, too with 39mm.
39mm is a very nice, 1675 size. Love the chapter dial as well, so refined.

However the diameter of the watch is actually not the problematic part, rather it’s the shape and length of the lugs that play the bigger role; you can see that with a 44mm GS, perfect fit even on a small wrist. Compare that with a Nomos Club, the lugs make them almost unwearable even to medium size wrists…

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
39mm is a very nice, 1675 size. Love the chapter dial as well, so refined.

However the diameter of the watch is actually not the problematic part, rather it’s the shape and length of the lugs that play the bigger role; you can see that with a 44mm GS, perfect fit even on a small wrist. Compare that with a Nomos Club, the lugs make them almost unwearable even to medium size wrists…
Absolutely, diameter is just a first parameter, lug-to-lug plays equally a big part. Thickness then, and last, but not least, personal taste, which will go the longest way! I like the vintage flair of the Serica, less so the modern, punchy dial design of the Ball (a bit cluttered, too). De gustibus...

Merdydirty

Known Member
Certified
24/4/22
San Francisco
I have been looking a GMT at 43mm range. This seems to fit the bill, and you can’t beat the price. Hoping it’s easy to find.