• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex explorer ii rep question

Eric53

Looking Around
2/3/23
USA
Hopefully i am posting this in the right area. I am looking on jtime at their rolex explorer ii 216570 reps. I see two of them there with A3187 movements. Are those movements fragile/junk? Ive tried searching 3187 and all i see is for sale or sold posts. Can anyone educate me on this movement? Thank you

cyprusdaedalus

Wannabe Watchmaker
Supporter
Certified
16/4/22
It would seem that C+ is about to release a new version of this with an updated SH3285. It would be worth waiting a few weeks to see some QC's of actual examples of this watch to come out as it has the potential to surpass current examples (and have a more robust movement).

Reactions: APjumbo

Eric53

Looking Around
2/3/23
USA
It would seem that C+ is about to release a new version of this with an updated SH3285. It would be worth waiting a few weeks to see some QC's of actual examples of this watch to come out as it has the potential to surpass current examples (and have a more robust movement).
What is C+ and how do i know or find out who has c+ watches?

Feefo

Your cleverness is mistaken for your cleverness
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
C+ is a factory, in no way affiliated to clean factory. They have made themselves known for a bit of shady marketing. Apparently, explorer 2 models can already be pre-ordered at some TDs. Any td can source you the same watches, so if you're in contact with Li you might as well just ask him about the C+ explorer 2. Wouldn't hold my breath on the movement, though. As said, c+ has done some shady stuff in the past and the quality of the movement needs to be confirmed with real life experience. I'm on the lookout for an explorer 2 myself but will wait first reviews before deciding if I take one or not.
The 3187 movement you mention in your first post is not desirable at all.

Reactions: eBoy

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU

Reactions: eBoy

RolexLA

Looking Around
14/7/22
C+ is a factory, in no way affiliated to clean factory. They have made themselves known for a bit of shady marketing. Apparently, explorer 2 models can already be pre-ordered at some TDs. Any td can source you the same watches, so if you're in contact with Li you might as well just ask him about the C+ explorer 2. Wouldn't hold my breath on the movement, though. As said, c+ has done some shady stuff in the past and the quality of the movement needs to be confirmed with real life experience. I'm on the lookout for an explorer 2 myself but will wait first reviews before deciding if I take one or not.
Can you replace the a3187 movement in the GMF Explorer II with a clean VR3186 movement? If so, any mods needed?

RolexLA

Looking Around
14/7/22
Can you replace the a3187 movement in the GMF Explorer II with a clean VR3186 movement? If so, any mods needed?

Feefo

Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
Top Poster Of Month
8/5/22
EU
Honestly, I can’t remember, I must have read somewhere, but my memory’s a sieve. There are a couple of threads on the explorer 2, if you find them you’ll find the answer. Try google "explorer 2 site:forum.replica-watch.info“

inuchan

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/4/23
Japan
Hopefully i am posting this in the right area. I am looking on jtime at their rolex explorer ii 216570 reps. I see two of them there with A3187 movements. Are those movements fragile/junk? Ive tried searching 3187 and all i see is for sale or sold posts. Can anyone educate me on this movement? Thank you
Probably, I am the one who will get the watch you want to know .
The item will arrive, but maybe I can’t immediately how robust it is, because I’ll handle it with care ;)

Reactions: xairate