• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex 1675 GMT Master, The Legendary Watch

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
Rolex GMT 1675 :
The Vintage Mythical Watch,
Another Rolex Sports Watch Reference,
Another Grail,

The legendary and mythical Rolex GMT 1675 is waterproofed and given for 100 meters, has a chronometer certified movement, and allows to read a second time zone by rotate the bezel ring.
This time piece is the déclinaison of the 1655 Explorer II : same case, same movement, but using a rotating bezel disposal

The interest in collecting this watch compared to others is the so varied case models, bracelets, dials and inserts color design. Also a lot of heavy books has been edited for the GMT Master.

The 1675 in the replicas world :

The GMT 1675 comes at the third position in term of modded replicas demand behind the 1680 and the 5512/13s. Its the most difficult vintage Rolex watch to replicate as all previous 1675 replica watches were complete off : wrong cases, wrong bezels assembly design, wrong dials etc. etc. the list of wrong things is very long

A member asked me last month if my proposition of GMT mod packages has been updated since I wrote it, as almost 2 years passed...

Yes, I have updated recently, nothing in fact has really changed, except I stop proposing the Ultimate, Jewlery and Watch stuff is very expensive, and finally if we calculate the cost of parts and the cost of labor, its better to look for a gen.

Also for money reasons, I recommand to stick with the 1675 from the trusted dealers, rather than the 1655 Explorer II. Both use the same case, but the 1675 is engraved 1675, has an acceptable dial and doesn't need an expensive rotating bezel assembly.
Some members, by the choice of the cartel 1675, have invested the bezel assembly money in the purchase of a gen dial or a good aftermarket one,

Difference between a rep 1675 out of the box and a gen :

No comments...

Difference between a moded 1675 rep and a gen :

For both 1655 or 1675, the rep case is slightly thicker than the gen, and the crown diameter is 6mm instead of 5.3mm for the gen

Except for these two characteristics, everything else is visually identical, for the purists who chose the cartel 1675, I suggest to source an aftermaket, a gen, or a refinished dial.
But, you will note that the 1675 stock dial is rather acceptable, after patina and relume jobs

A short recall of the cartel 1655 and 1675 mod characteristics :

The cartel 1655 Explorer II needs :
- A complete rotating bezel assembly
- A 1675/16750 specs insert
- A 1675 dial,
- A complete set of hands for ETA or Asian GMT movements
- A flat thin case back
- A 25-116 specs replacement cristal
- A pair of Rolex specs springbars (these are included in my package)

Cost of all these parts is arround 450 euros / 570 usd

The cartel 1675 GMT Master needs :
- A 1675/16750 specs insert
- A flat thin case back
- A 25-116 specs replacement cristal
- A pair of Rolex specs springbars (these are included in my package)

Cost of all these parts is arround 5O euros / 65 usd

Here, at left, 1675 stock springbars and insert.
At right, a pair of gen Rolex springbars and a gen specs aftermarket insert. The gen specs Rolex insert is wider.
For this,the 1675 rep bezel ring inside diameter is machined to accept the right insert design

5ifh.jpg

Here, a gen dial has been used in a 1655 case with an aftermarket bezel assembly fitted

oxbs.jpg

Here, the cartel 1675 dial is used, a complete aftermarket bezel assembly has been fitted as the cartel bezel ring doesn't accept gen specs inserts without machining operations,

flr0.jpg

In this sample, the cartel 1675 dial and its own bezel assembly : the bezel ring has been machined to accept the gen specs insert which is wider,

arkla.jpg

Now, just enjoy the photos, all these watches are moded reps,

mf9q.jpg

t8e4y.jpg

h9q5m.jpg

fepjy.jpg

70kg.jpg

k54vv.jpg

p0o8w.jpg

1yzo.jpg

Hope you liked :)

2hb4u.jpg

34bf.jpg

l0ku.jpg

zylc.jpg

9wv4.jpg

d73l.jpg

izxi.jpg

uk3w.jpg

lxjl.jpg

zivv.jpg

yhmx.jpg

Hope you liked :)

john117

Known Member
25/5/12
i am wondering can i buy this beauty???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
It arrived today JJ advised 5 days from California to France using regular post. JJ is now doing an Evaluation!!!! I think I like the look of JJs 17th photo!!!!

RolexAddict

Dealer (watch buildings)
Trusted Dealer
27/10/07
Here we are, the Corniño is already back at home in California,

The case was reshaped by myself a long time ago, it was the "old reshaping method",
Everything has been revisited :
the Corniño CG cut and the case thickness, I have removed metal from the top of the case to get exactly the same thickness as the gen 1675/16750 and 1655 cases, these 3 watches used the same thin case,
Also the rehaut has been reduced to preserve the ergonomy and to allow to sit the 25-116 cristal,

And I have swapped dials, replace also the gmt hand. The new dial and hands has been relumed, the dial lume was too brown/orange

photos :

aoHmyS.jpg

BGZ7lj.jpg

C3QWeR.jpg

fc6mHt.jpg

4O0Tdd.jpg

QU3mTb.jpg

Retina

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
18/12/14
this is awesome... can i assume this belongs to someone else?

Thrasher

Legendary Member
15/4/14
The Beach
Yes it belongs to me and I want to Thank JJ for his many hours of work and many more emails. I have met and spoken to a lot of Moders over the last year and JJ is by far the best most detail oriented I have met and had the pleasure of dealing with. He covered everything we talked about superbly and went well beyond the call of Duty and I can say without a doubt his price is very reasonable plus he was fast, I think about 3 weeks from the time I sent it to France until it arrive back home about 5600 miles each direction, I would guess this watch has over 18,000+ miles on it!!!!. Thank You JJ.

Destroyertan

22/4/15
beautiful piece! Would you be willing to part with it? Or know of someone who is able to mod one?

blackant

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/10/15
Beautiful watch, hope can have one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

369mafia

Resident Explorer Expert
Patron
Certified
7/7/15
Canada
The details on this piece are incredible!! I hope it makes you smile everytime you wear it!

chinachinaman

I'm Pretty Popular
29/11/15
Gorgeous piece. Will have to get RolexAddict to consider making one once my funds are ready!

UDTMIKE

I'm Pretty Popular
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
15/5/17
I would like to find someone reliable to mod my gmt master coca cola. Preferably conus.

PHVAVAI

22/5/12
Bonjour,

L'une de vos 1675 est elle à vendre ??

Dans l'attente de votre retour.
Cordialement.

Sent from the RWI App