• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

RM Stolen from F1 Driver's wrist

Hasselbaink

DR. H4RDC@R3 T3RR@R
Supporter
Certified
29/9/10
Archiregnum Hungaricum
he didn't pay a penny for that piece and it will be more likely replaced with another, but the story is tough :D thx for sharing it.

MJH89

Deskdweller
Supporter
Certified
13/1/17
Land of Cream Teas and Roast Dinners
I have always been intrigued as to how people are skilled enough to remove a watch without you noticing, I obviously get that there is misdirection involved, but are the watches seriously that easy to remove without you noticing? I'm kind of in awe of a skill like that.

Reactions: SuperLory

soubido

Known Member
29/12/18
Considering he wears it on the elastic band, it would be a bit easier to steal compared to the traditional buckle or deployant clasp?

Reactions: pataccaro

OffshoreNL

20/2/21
Europe
Considering he wears it on the elastic band, it would be a bit easier to steal compared to the traditional buckle or deployant clasp?

Probably just slid off his wrist. Wonder if the thieves knew they steal a 1 of 1. It's not like they can sell it anywhere or even wear it. Pretty pointless theft in my opinion.

boostin20

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/9/10
USA
That’s wild. Good point about the scarcity. It seems like they’d have to have the right connections to sell that without being caught.

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Probably just slid off his wrist. Wonder if the thieves knew they steal a 1 of 1. It's not like they can sell it anywhere or even wear it. Pretty pointless theft in my opinion.

i'd say wearing it would be much easier than selling it, but i wouldnt write either one off

jimbotron

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/11/21
I have always been intrigued as to how people are skilled enough to remove a watch without you noticing, I obviously get that there is misdirection involved, but are the watches seriously that easy to remove without you noticing? I'm kind of in awe of a skill like that.

These watches also weigh as much as a feather!

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
He is lucky he didn’t get his arm chopped off