• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review - WBK and the Moonwatch

idontknow

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/5/11
Southwest
As promised (to WBK), I am putting up a review for the Moonwatch offering he has....

So, to add some background-
My first ever TD purchase, way back in 2011, was from Stan. It was a basic blue Seamaster with a 2813 for a heart, and that got me started on a multi-year trip down the rep rabbit hole.
It's been many years since I had looked back into the hobby/addiction, and I figured if I got my feet wet again, it would start with an order from him.

So, I reached out and asked what he had in stock. There were several things I was interested in, and once I made my choice I shot him a message.
He answered very quickly, provided detailed ordering and payment instructions, and I happily lightened my wallet in anticipation of what I would be receiving.

Stan shipped fast, really really fast. And since he uses USPS Priority here in CONUS, the piece arrived really fast, like a day early fast!

What I received was a nicely packaged watch that was bubble wrapped nicely.
When I removed it from the packaging the first thing I noticed is that the piece was set for MY TIMEZONE, and running perfectly.

I spent some time inspecting the watch, and was very happy with what I saw.
This was a nice looking rep. The crystal was absolutely clear without flaw, and the bracelet/clasp were solid and had a nice feel to them.
The case is solid and sweet. The brushing on the sides is even, and the numbering on the bezel is clear and precise.

I immediately started the chrono to test function, as well as verify the buttons were working as needed.
The chrono functioned as expected, the really cool thing about the VK mechaquartz movement is the reset of the second/minute hands. There is no spinning to reset the hands, the camming action returns the hands to home position immediately (made me yearn for my old ST19 driven piece years back - I can't remember what member I sold it to).

As far as being a rep and how it compares to the gen-
-Instead of seconds at 9 they are at the 6 (where there would normally be a 12 hour register),
-The subdial at 3 is a 24 hour register that is labeled in the manner of the gen as a 30min chrono register.

Overall, I think it's a solid purchase, and a great starter for anyone looking to get into the hobby.
While the bracelet is solid and looks quite nice, I will be opting for a NATO style strap which is what I prefer on the majority of my pieces.

Pics for those that like to look-

Last edited:
Reactions: 2841