• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of TAG Heuer Formula 1 Quartz (all colors)

BrosNhoes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/12/11
Anybody have one of the these and wants to get rid of it in conus guys? Let me know ill paypal. thanks

k3silk

10/7/10
anyone have one and would like to sell PM will send paypal

m.anto

4/9/10
hi all, I love that piece, can someone send me PM of links for the seller to buy one?
grateful

txdude72

Looking Around
9/12/12
Just love these, can someone please PM me the website or an email address for the seller, i certainly am interested in buying one of these.

Thanks in advance

bmx5045

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/1/13
Just picked one up from timeshop. Thanks for the review! Looks Hot

KrisJ

3/2/13
I've been using the Gen as a daily beater for 2 years now and still to this day is one of my favorite watches. The rep is done very well on the whole and the quartz movement helps. However, comparing the images to my gen right now, the biggest tells are: the bezel numbering (too fat and undefined on the rep), paint on the Tag logo on the side of the watch near 9' (it is too glossy and the type is too wide). There are some other minor tells but would only be noticed if looking side by side and comparing.

Just my 2 cents :). Great rep and post!

ezioauditore

3/5/12
I posted a thread about this, but I'd be interested in opinions on whether the Formula 1 in the photo is gen or rep. Not at all a Tag expert, so I don't know what to look for on this piece. I looked for the tells KrisJ pointed out, but it's hard to tell.

Is there even an all-black F1 rep as shown in the photo?

attachment.php

KrisJ

3/2/13
I've never really taken pictures before but I'll try take some and do a comparison with the pictures from this rep this evening. You're right it's incredibly difficult to tell! It's a great beater watch but the ironic thing is that my reps are probably higher quality than my Tag rep haha!

Dafydd57

Horology Curious
2/1/13
how to reset chronograph

Just got mine today. Have mixed feelings about it. Doesn't reset to zero. Fixed that by just running the chrono til everything lined up. I never use the chrono functions on any of my watches anyway. Think it's great for a daily beater. Just not sure how durable though. Seems like the hands can fall off any second.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Pull out the crown to the first position (where you set quick date change) and the chrono start button (top) will move the 1/10 second hand ( 2 0 clock sub dial). the stop button (bottom) will move the chrono second hand forward in 1 second increments. Pulling the crown out to the second position (time setting) and pressing the start button wil move the 30 minute counter (10 o clock subdial). Do this until hands line up and return the crown and screw in and everything is ready to go.

Hope this helps.

BTW there is a newer version of the F1 out which is more accurate. check out my reply to nlnlnlnene's thread "Most accurate Quartz rep? Gofl or F1"

:thumbsup:

Zepar

Looking Around
30/4/13
The movement of Tag F1 is not fake.This moveent is very cheap. I think 36 $. This movement is used in many watches like Tissot ....My Gen F1 has same movement. I buy it form official tag heuer dealer. Case of the watsh,dial on pictures is not same like mine this is the difrences.And braclet is diffrent

Marty_Mackem

10/1/13
Leg-End

Thanks Dafyd!!!! This helped me out massively!!!!! :cheers:

Pull out the crown to the first position (where you set quick date change) and the chrono start button (top) will move the 1/10 second hand ( 2 0 clock sub dial). the stop button (bottom) will move the chrono second hand forward in 1 second increments. Pulling the crown out to the second position (time setting) and pressing the start button wil move the 30 minute counter (10 o clock subdial). Do this until hands line up and return the crown and screw in and everything is ready to go.

Hope this helps.

BTW there is a newer version of the F1 out which is more accurate. check out my reply to nlnlnlnene's thread "Most accurate Quartz rep? Gofl or F1"

:thumbsup:

Tomsteve

Horology Curious
3/10/13
There are few brands which is very famous in India and Tag Heuer is one of them. I saw few online reviews about Tag Heuer and all are positive. No dobout wathes are very good and awesome. Information and images are also very good.

Regards
Tom

bungoca

17/5/13
Tag heuer just came up with a special version of the Formula 1 wich includes the Venezuelan flag, it is due to a foundation for the needed people.

The AD just sent me this mail

Muy estimados todos:

Esta edición de Tag Heuer será vendida exclusivamente en Daoro Jewelry, consta de 100 piezas que tendrán un precio de preventa hasta el 07 de Noviembre que llegaran las piezas a Caracas de Bsf. 129.000 y de allí le daremos Bsf. 9.000 a la fundación Proyecto Paz Latinoamerica que dirige Eglantina Zinng,

Con gusto nos escriben para darle las instrucciones bancarias,

Mil gracias,

Wich in english says:

This edition of Tag Heuer will be sold exclusively at Daoro Jewelry, consisting of 100 pieces that will presale at BSF. 129,000 until November 7 when the pieces arrive to Caracas, and from there we will donate BSF. 9,000 to the Foundation Project Peace Latin America who directs Zinng Eglantine,

With pleasure write us to give you the banking instructions,

Thanks a lot,

In dollars at today change rate, thats about 2500 bucks...

If I only could mod the rep to look like this special version :')

Look how it looks
2495bf502ad111e3990622000aeb0f14_8.jpg

It's great, isn't it?

bungoca

17/5/13
Here is a real photo of the final version, not as good as the render IMHO

87962eb2369f11e39cc422000aa80493_8.jpg

eliano

Renowned Member
15/11/14
Hi new member.sorry to drag up old news but can any mods or helpful owners inbox me a td known to still stock these. I've had a look about but not much luck.thanks