• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

question about the 082

mmg2

8/2/07
Texas
so i know the lume color on the dial has been discussed, and DSNs latest 082 w C1 seems closest to gen.

But the question I had was, what color lume is on the hands on the gen 082? are they closer to C1 or C3?

Thanks

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
I just received my DSN 082 and I think the hands are C3 and the dial is C1. I have a small issue with lume on the dial and so I am having Vaccum take a look at it. Other than that issue the watch is awesome.

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
The answer is, I'm sure, neither C1 or C3, but Panerai's in-house mix of lume colors. It has been reported that 1 part C3 to 2 parts C1 is a close match.

I'm sure the gen has the hands are lumed with the same mix as the dials. The only option is to have the lume re-done.

Talk to vaccum or Flav.

Good luck!

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
The issue with the lume on my dial is that there wasn't enough lume on the corner/edge on the 1 and 2 at the 12 o'clock numerals. If DSN used a pure C1 lume mix, Vac should be able to touch up the area with needle. Otherwise, I will have Vac clean up the entire dial and hands and do a custom mix that will replicate as close as possible the gen 082 lume color.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
uspopo said:
The issue with the lume on my dial is that there wasn't enough lume on the corner/edge on the 1 and 2 at the 12 o'clock numerals. If DSN used a pure C1 lume mix, Vac should be able to touch up the area with needle. Otherwise, I will have Vac clean up the entire dial and hands and do a custom mix that will replicate as close as possible the gen 082 lume color.

you will be much happier if you just have him mix up some vaclume and redo all of it. it will be the correct color then.

uspopo

Known Member
26/6/07
That is the option I am leaning most towards at the moment.

Stan