• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I miss this super rep (many old pics)

taiji

30/11/06
I always thought that changing the date wheel is not an easy job and that my local watchsmith will not do it for me.

However, when my new SMP Chrono arrived. I couldn't resist it anymore and took the plunge by getting in a gen ETA 7750 datewheel and try my luck with my local watch smith. And you know what??? He accepted the job as usual (normally he will do normal watch servicing and will try to convince me to leave this and that alone if I want to mod something).

If I know that he will do it. I will not part with one of my favorite super rep - the chrono avenger. :evil:
Mine was from the old school batch with superb AR, pearl, sharp and crisp case and bracelet construction. IMO, this watch weigh like a gen Ti and it feel like it too. I sold it mainly because of the incorrect date font as I knew nothing about modding back then.

Anyway, the watch has found a new owner and he is a nice chap.

Some old pics before it was sold.

524423405_c777dfe637.jpg

524379948_a3ab4953fd.jpg

524423413_29b02fe7fc.jpg

720313127_7e480f1714.jpg

Nice pearl and well-centred (no misalignment)
720313219_11dd8cb255.jpg

Super nice AR
720313171_bbbe2dfc31.jpg

Kinda miss it... Really...

Well...at least I learn that modding is possible and it also train my patience in the process of sourcing the parts as it will take quite sometime.

Guess I will read up more and try out new things like modding my reps for those watches I will really keep for a long long time. Thanks RWI and fellow members who shared their experiences and know-how.

I on with 6 mod projects. So far, 2 out of 6 completed. I'm waiting for the parts to arrive and will add in pics when the mods are done.

Below is my post if you are interested.

http://replica-watch.info/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32239

Thanks for viewing

dlanzer

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/7/07
That is a nice watch. I just saw it in the movie Blood Diamond a few weeks ago. Was thinking of getting one but I guess I missed the boat.

mag1119

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/7/07
Beautiful watch, very nice indeed. Since the new SS versions (SA) have the more correct bezels, fonts, and dials (comparatively speaking), we hope it will not be long before we see this reflected in the newer generations of CA's - especially in ti.

pit36bus

Known Member
22/10/07
i feel for you. i've sold more than a few that i've regretted in the past. the worst was a gen 5513 that i sold.... really miss that one. lets drown our sorrows in a few pints!