• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Review of service of a (presumably) travel damaged Clean Daytona

melody

26/10/21
North carolina, USA.
A few months ago i got a clean daytona that got water in it and had issues as a result. Eventually issues cleared up and i opened it and removed visible rust and put it in a dehumidied environment for a day but still didn’t feel comfortable leaving it. I plan to get this waterproofed and replace any parta that break with genuine and wear it as long as i can hopefully a decade at least. So i sent it to WSNY, hes in my country and knows 4130’s very well. They are pretty complex so this is really cool.

i sent it out for a service, chrono wheels replacement with gen, and waterproofing, and surprisingly quickly got it back. shipped and arrived within two days once it was done. It was beautiful and ran butter smooth then and the pushers weren’t sticky and weird anymore since before the o-rings were damaged which caused or contributed to the water ingress.
however it had a small problem where when the hands were in a certain position it wouldn’t reset properly, wasn’t a huge deal to me because i can just run the chrono a few secs then reset again and it resets. It may have had this problem before but not as bad.

He offered however to fix it, so i sent it back, he did his magic, and it came back flawless. Never had a single issue since. I tried and tried to reproduce the reset issue but can’t do it. This is the kind of thing i really respect, knowing the weird issues by experience and knowing the fix.

i absolutely love it i use the chrono multiple times per day and will be sending it back to him when it needs a service in 5-10 years or if something breaks.

Like in the terms and conditions, he won’t really update you or talk that much, just a warning though, and no pictures either, but you can trust him, don’t even worry about it. Send it out, occupy yourself, and trust it to come back good.

waterproofing looks good too although as usual this is a precaution and I won’t be diving in it, although i will probably try some light swimming at some point and i wash it in water too.

i would also recommend to let him buy any parts you need. I tried to make it easier on him by buying them beforehand but it didn’t really help and was just a pain.

10/10 LOVE it.

Last edited: