• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
So it's that time of year once again an god knows its gonna bring out the prankster in us all [smilie=angel12.gif]

Lets hear some of your best April fools pranks and jokes from the past and hopefully from what you'v gotten up to today :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

And try keep it clean folks :p :p

b16a2

13/1/07
I was listening to Radio One - Chris Moyles show this morning. They pretended to set up an agreement with some petrol stations to give half price petrol between 8-10am.

They said if you ring in and speak to Aled (one of the producers) and tell him where you are, he will tell you where the closest station is, who are in on the deal. It was even called 'April Fuel day' - people still fell for it!

They then broadcast some of the calls;

Caller - Hi, Im phoning about the half price petrol deal

Aled - Hi there, please tell us your name, and where you're from

Caller - My name is xxx and I live in xxxxx

Aled - Ok thank you, can you tell me what day it is please

Caller - er.....Wednesday

Aled - and anything else?

Caller - ah, you got me there!

Some of them didn't even catch on, they were still asking about the half price deal!!! :D

king_o

Known Member
17/11/07
Or the one broadcast on TV about the Slovenian national anthem being played in full (6 mins) at the start of tonights soccer match against Northern Ireland, accompanied by their famous singer - 'Aprileva Folsova'

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
Oh jeez. Last year I had some trouble with my Garden gnomes. My wife loves those things. But someone kept stealing her rabbits. So I put some new ones out but this time I wired them to a 220 outlet. April 1st comes around and I'm sitting in my office. Suddenly the breaker trips. I look out the window and there's this teenage kid sitting on the lawn totally stunned.

jwlowry

Horology Curious
25/3/09
First of all, given that today is my birthday, I never fall for April Fool's jokes. Never.

Having said that, there are several woman whom I know who are due with babies any day. One of them is my wife's sister-in-law. She is due in a few weeks, but has been put on bed rest because she went into premature labor last week. This morning, my wife's brother, the eternal prankster, called at 6:30am to say that he had news. The baby was here, he said, and he even gave convincing details (weight, length, etc.). Of course, we jumped up, got ready, and headed for the hospital. Mind, it's a three hour drive.

Fortunately, he called back a half hour later to 'fess up. Got us on that one.

I can't wait until next year. He won't know what hit him! :twisted:

seventhexile

I'm Pretty Popular
7/7/08
jwlowry said:
First of all, given that today is my birthday, I never fall for April Fool's jokes. Never.

Its my (and trailboss's) B day as well :)

idk about you..
But every year I suspect a surprise B day party ... given you know... were born on april 1st
Every year I've thus far had a normal B day party...
There in lies the April fools surprise ! .. gets me every year
:)

jmd33

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/09
Two of the best I have been involved in - one: turing a guy's desk around but placing everything back in the right spot so you can't tell until you sit down and bang your knees. Second: shrink wrapping an entire desk and contents on top.

Happy April Fool's.

Ohh...to all the noobs (which would include myself as far as this site goes) - I have found the "perfect" "1:1" submariner.....................

TAGfan

26/1/09
fakemaster said:
Oh jeez. Last year I had some trouble with my Garden gnomes. My wife loves those things. But someone kept stealing her rabbits. So I put some new ones out but this time I wired them to a 220 outlet. April 1st comes around and I'm sitting in my office. Suddenly the breaker trips. I look out the window and there's this teenage kid sitting on the lawn totally stunned.

I don't have a story of my own., but I laughed out loud after reading this one. Sounds like something I would do....

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Ok
When I was a partolmena and I had a Lieutenant that was new in my command but he was a bit of a know it all, wise ass.
Me and my partner were the seasoned vets of the squad witha whopping 4 years on patrol (In NYC -harlem 4 years is like 20 any where else)

We had to respond to a "foul odor " call in an apartment building. Usually that means "dead guy" in some apartment that started to ripen.

So me and my partner get there, ...yep hes dead, 2 weeks dead or so. We do the search and what not and we just knew our jobs but this Lt. knew better. he started to break our balls about who we notified and what not. in a joking but ball breaking way in front of his female partner (his driver) . He sat on the dead guys couch eating the jordan almonds in the candy dish (the dead guy) while he broke our balls and we waited for the morgue to pick up the body.

He ate the whole friggin bowl sitting ther while we made our calls and busted our chops. Finally he had enought, he left and left us to wait for the morgue truck.

The next day we decided to play a game, we got a hold of a detective to play along and call the desk he was working the next day and say that the mand died of an apparent poisining , possibly from a nut that was laced with arsenic. This guy made it sounds legit. me and my partner were right in the room when this guy called and he told the Lt that the arsenic is deadly if you consume them in mass quantity or sparingly over time.

The dude turned white......I mean white as a ghost. He started to ask qustions about the almonds and he put 2 and 2 together and really started to feel it.

It got so bad he approached us and said to hold on to the paperwork, hoimicide will need it and he went in the back and got dressed in his civilian attire, we presume to drive himself to the Dr. or hospital.

Well as he made his way to his car we decided to let him off the hook. Boy was he relieved, and pissed but he never f*&^%d with us again.

April fools jo to you all.

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
This was sent by a friend..awesome

april_fools_1.jpg

guru

Advisor
Advisor
30/9/06
My favourite Radio station announced every hour in the news today that the German Goverment will come up with a law that APRIL FOOLS are not allowed anymore and if people do not follow, they can get a penelty up to 1000 Euro.

This was breaking news for 6 hours this morning and not only on one Radio station.

They justified it that APRIL FOOLS could create a lot of damage.

Was a nice joke and for the first 2 h I believed it :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
guru said:
My favourite Radio station announced every hour in the news today that the German Goverment will come up with a law that APRIL FOOLS are not allowed anymore and if people do not follow, they can get a penelty up to 1000 Euro.

This was breaking news for 6 hours this morning and not only on one Radio station.

They justified it that APRIL FOOLS could create a lot of damage.

Was a nice joke and for the first 2 h I believed it :D

For a minute there I believed you hehe... I heard on the radio this morning that the Worm had already attacked over 1 million computers. :shock:

cazIRL

Renowned Member
5/11/08
watchbuff said:
This was sent by a friend..awesome

april_fools_1.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good stuff watchbuff,

Some good stories fakeys sounds a little cruel but what the heck [smilie=angel12.gif]

:mrgreen:

kitersoze

26/11/08
watchbuff said:
Ok
When I was a partolmena and I had a Lieutenant that was new in my command but he was a bit of a know it all, wise ass.
Me and my partner were the seasoned vets of the squad witha whopping 4 years on patrol (In NYC -harlem 4 years is like 20 any where else)

We had to respond to a "foul odor " call in an apartment building. Usually that means "dead guy" in some apartment that started to ripen.

So me and my partner get there, ...yep hes dead, 2 weeks dead or so. We do the search and what not and we just knew our jobs but this Lt. knew better. he started to break our balls about who we notified and what not. in a joking but ball breaking way in front of his female partner (his driver) . He sat on the dead guys couch eating the jordan almonds in the candy dish (the dead guy) while he broke our balls and we waited for the morgue to pick up the body.

He ate the whole friggin bowl sitting ther while we made our calls and busted our chops. Finally he had enought, he left and left us to wait for the morgue truck.

The next day we decided to play a game, we got a hold of a detective to play along and call the desk he was working the next day and say that the mand died of an apparent poisining , possibly from a nut that was laced with arsenic. This guy made it sounds legit. me and my partner were right in the room when this guy called and he told the Lt that the arsenic is deadly if you consume them in mass quantity or sparingly over time.

The dude turned white......I mean white as a ghost. He started to ask qustions about the almonds and he put 2 and 2 together and really started to feel it.

It got so bad he approached us and said to hold on to the paperwork, hoimicide will need it and he went in the back and got dressed in his civilian attire, we presume to drive himself to the Dr. or hospital.

Well as he made his way to his car we decided to let him off the hook. Boy was he relieved, and pissed but he never f*&^%d with us again.

April fools jo to you all.

oh that's awesome. [in my best drunken dude voice]: i luv u, man!

kitersoze

26/11/08
fakemaster said:

beautiful.

what'd yr wife say, fakey? was she pleased or displeased w/ you?
women tend to be so concerned over electrocuting kids that they somehow overlook the humor in the situ...