• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Vintage Deepsea, Seamaster 300 and 1655 :)

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
Well it all started with Pbdads Abyss, when i first seen it I was in awe! I really wanted one and decided I would try make one of my own. It took a very long time to complete but I am very happy with the results.

I started with a V5 Dssd and did the following mods:

Shaved off CG's
Aged bezel and did the coin edge treatment
Fitted Rolex Brevet crown
Aged case
Sealed HEV
Aged dial and sealed with matt laquer
Aged hands
Aged datewheel
Had movement serviced in Hong Kong while I was on holiday
Fitted high dome plexi
Had a plexi installed into the titanium caseback
Customised a nato strap so the movement can still be seen

Next I decided to go for the plunge and buy an Omega 300 and Rolex 1655 which I always loved, when I got them I never gave them enough wrist time, this was due to my dislike for the yellow markers. I decided then to relume the watches using some white pastel which was ground into a fine powder mixed with nitrolume and matt laquer.

I didnt have much time to take good pics but here are the results:

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

d.jpg

e.jpg

f.jpg

g.jpg

ms.jpg

COLDI

Mythical Poster
Advisor
Certified
23/9/08
Love it. I really like the look of no cg's!

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
Thanks! I wil try and take some better photos soon. These dont do the watches any justice! :)

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Wow, that alien DSSD is a killer. You did a top class job with it, Abs the coolest see-thru caseback out there imo. I can smell neoprene from here!

That 1655 is looking good too, is that MBK/MBW or where did you get it, if I may ask?

Billio

I'm Pretty Popular
15/4/09
Hi im not too sure which version the 1655 is but I got it from Hont a few weeks ago :)

JellyJoe

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/9/09
Damn you Daz. Now I want an alien DSSD too.

*sigh* Tiny me
thJellyGs.gif