• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Specific strap recomendation needed!

rdorman

29/3/06
Where else but here would I ask! I have a black tie event coming up and I want to fit a new strap to my rose gold 147 rep and looking for specific recomendations (link would be nice to!). I want a black, very dressy strap with some shine to it. Thoughts?
Thanks
Rick

rdorman

29/3/06
You all know what it looks like but just to get the 'juices' flowing, this is the one I have. Also, I do not want different color stitching (maybe none at all)

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
You gotta match the shoes, belt and watch strap. I would get a nice gator with black stitching. White stitch is a little too sporty for me.

Might not work for you...

RB

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Look on Paneristi for Kurt - The Watch Boys or try Elliot at TC's. I have some from both - both are great. Don't know about E's gators, but if they are like the rest of his stuff they are probably great. TWB's are too - I have 3 of them.

RB

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
That bony croc only comes in 22/22 and 24/22. You need a 26mm wide strap for your Radiomir, no?

Klink

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/3/06
when u do decide, and get, please to post strap.. and watchy...

considering that original 147 costed like over twenty thousand bucks..

maybe suede cowboy not needed....

maybe burgundy gator...

high shine surface...

or bone croc...

or heck, even HKTan ray of sting...

lots stuffs, imo tho

should naturally be quite upscale

to fit watchy...

Highflyingclive

15/3/06
Here is mine, on dark brown alligator, custom made by Banda
You need black, so squint your eyes... and imagine.

wrist.jpg

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
i would use a matt to medium shine dark burgandy croc or gator with that rose gold with out a doubt. it will be smokin hot!!! 8)

rdorman

29/3/06
Great stuff guys! I was thinking black because my tux is black but a very dark burgandy has me thinking!

PannyLover1

Known Member
29/10/06
Check out Aaron Tan's (HKTan) stuff, just ordered from him. Frequently see his stuff at Paneristi

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
Black is the "safe" bet. It's so hard to tell shades of colors from internet pics. Besides, if you're wearing a tux, you'll be wearing black shoes and a black belt (if you wear one at all), right? So, you should go with a black strap. In other situations, dark burgundy would look quite nice.

hk45ca

Legendary Member
Advisor
17/3/06
rdorman said:
Thanks Trent... I am torn between the two (black and burgandy that is).

i just booked marked that page. i am all over that burgandy. i have a rg vc 1775 and a rg patek perpetual calender that will look smokin on.

rdorman

29/3/06
I am also shopping this place: http://www.abp-paris.com/en/index.php

Click on creations, then the picture with the straps. Art. In the upper right hand corner of the page is a click here to order your watchband button. Click on it and look at what they have to offer. Some very fine leathers.

I PM's HKTAN to see what he can come up with as well.

rdorman

29/3/06
UPDATE!!!!!!!!

Aaron (HKTAN) responded to my request and here are his recommendations:

"For Radiomir straps, I suugest you go for glossy black snake with black stitching or a burgundy alligator,
these colors in my opinion are subdued yet classy. The Snake is $129 Custom Built & shipped and the Alligator is $139. Infact a deep dark brown would be great too. "

Good ones! I will search his site for a black snake pic and post.

I also asked Banda for a better picture of the Burgandy gator. What they had was a picture of a current skin. It is MUCH easier to see the color in this shot.

Nice!

rawbarZ7

Renowned Member
16/5/06
Highflyingclive said:
Here is mine, on dark brown alligator, custom made by Banda
You need black, so squint your eyes... and imagine.

Hey, HFCLive - is that a 24mm strap?

I love the size and look of the smaller Radiomirs (I should have never tried that one on at Time Zone...dammit)

RB