• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Three different 7750 ETAs

sam_tgg

Known Member
18/8/06
Hello,
I was today in an watch parts and tools store in Madrid. They are the only official partner of ETA in Spain, and they show me something very interesting: from the same ETA, three differents 7750 (all 28.000). One produced in Switzerland, with swiss parts. One produced in china with swiss parts and one produced in china with chinese parts. But all ETA. The prices (in Euros) are: for the first one 450 euros, for the second 250 and for the last 180 euros. They show me the differences (they have the parts there), the finishes etc.
They also show me asia clones (the one in our reps), and they said that there differences, but not too bigs.

It was very interestings. They give me some papers with the differents etas and so on.

Schnappy

Known Member
25/10/06
This is very interesting. I am really interested to know about it more. Let me know if you're back here in Germany :p Happy holiday!

C4

Known Member
6/8/07
... dealing with unitas... you have asian, asian eta clone, eta stamped which many assume is swiss but probably not, and then genuine swiss... so I guess the information you provided is not surprising, but surprising that the dealer/watch maker said all were considered eta.. I am not sure eta would agree with that.

sam_tgg

Known Member
18/8/06
It is official, as they have different prices coming from ETA. What he said to me (and showed me).
The point it is that ETA is not willing to send more 775X (the family) any more, and they must to send th watches to repair direct to the house and not changing the movement.

jj69

Renowned Member
1/12/06
sam_tgg said:
It was very interestings. They give me some papers with the differents etas and so on.

Sam,

Can you scan these ETA papers they gave you and post them here so we can see them???

Thanks!

Camris

Known Member
21/5/07
ETA has factories all around, they are a HUGE company, part of Swatch group. the biggest watch company in the world. Aside from totally hand made watches ( and even then the hairspring and jewels atlest will be from a factory) no highend production watch today dose not have some part in it that was made a swatch gruop company.

But back to the point. ETA makes differant grades of movements. You can get the same movement but with things like upgraded balances, jeweles and so on. This is way some watches that cost 50k and watches that cost 2k can both have a base calaber 7750 but the one in the 50k watch will (more then likely) be an upgraded movement.

Calix

Schnappy

Known Member
25/10/06
Gotta agree with ya, again! However in this case, ETA7750 should have at least certain standard, set by ETA. ETA has different grading system (chronometer certified movement, etc.). Therefore it explains the difference in pricing.

Schnappy

Known Member
25/10/06
Found this on eBay
7750pack1dk1.jpg

7750pack2ub3.jpg

Starting price is 299Eur. Buy now at 419Eur. Just amazing!