• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex Magnification still a problem?

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
are the magnification windows a problem in replicas anymore? I'm curious just to know.

D

d4m.test

Yes on some, no on others. The cyclops quality and placement is a quality issue just like everything else.
Some factories get it correct, some dont, some dont even try.

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
lol alright, makes sense I was just curious if any of them have fixed the 1.5x vs 2.5x magnification

D

d4m.test

YES, many of them have fixed the problem... But there are still some cheaper watches out there (and even an occasional more expensive watch) with poor mag.
I have found that almost all of the cyclops are mis-aligned and need to be removed and put back on. Its a fairly easy task if you are comfortable with removing the crystal from the watch and heating it to the point the the glue softens.

zuescotton

Known Member
6/7/09
I'm comfortable trying anything :-D I seem to always make things work. As long as you got the right attitude, patience and tools you are good :-D I might need a walkthrough or 2 if mine are off.