• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PO or UPO from Silix - Need Opinions

ci1031

4/5/10
ROUND THREE:
(Round 2 photos were not worth posting. Six O'clock marker was terribly misaligned.)

This is another set of photos from Linda at Silix. I have requested a photo of the watch with the case back removed to show the movement as well a closer look at the 6 O'clock marker (hard to tell if it's off by the photo angle).

- The back appears to have the right marking now, but the seahorse saddle detail seems worse.
- The pearl is better but is it correct? (I ask for a lume shot and didn't get one)

Please let me know your thoughts on the watch. It's supposed to be a 45mm UPO (model OMES038 on their website).

Thanks

DEadPuNk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/4/10
So here is another UPO from Silix, Can the PO expert tell us more about this one.Tomorrow the watch will be shipped.I need your expertise before confirming the watch. It has a SWISS ETA 2834-2.
002eby.jpg

001td.jpg

003qfx.jpg

upomovement1.jpg

upomovement2.jpg

upomovement3.jpg

Hi again, I received my upo two days ago, and I'm very mad at Jee( Sillix ).He didn't send me the watch that he promised me and scammed me.. that's what happens to noob, I might be a noob but not an idiot! I confirmed for the watch above with a swiss eta2834-2 with better pearl and proper caseback with P&O.

My short buying experience:
First Orange PO: incorrect caseback,lugs size and clone eta2836-2( when he confirmed it was a swiss).
Replacement Orange strap: Doesn't fit my orange po as it is 20mm.

Tag Heuer Grand Carrera Calibre17: I haven't posted it before as the caseback was not correct and wanted to give Jee a chance to set things right. The caseback was engraved like this "Swiss made sin ce 1860". I sent the caseback back together with the orange straps for exchange and received another caseback which doesn't fit my TAG.

Black UPO: Silix sent me pictures of the watch with proper rotor ETA 2834-2, a better pearl, correct caseback and look at what I have received in the pictures below.
95932054.jpg

imga0066o.jpg

61767869.jpg

imga0067.jpg

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
Hi man did you try to e-mail Silix to resolve this issue???

Yeah, I tried to solve this but Jee answered me with many lies.I ordered a first upo and a tag heuer. The two watches were not great, and gave him a chance to resolve the issue without the help of the forum.I accept to keep the watches and sent back only the caseback of the tag and the leather strap.And i ordered another two watches from him to save cost on shipping and somehow we don't loose money in both way.And this is what i see when i open the black upo? He sent me another upo which is worst than the first one.How can i trust him now? and I need to pay postage to send back each time he made a mistake?And not to forget to pay custom fees when i receive it back.

I will quote some the lies,he sent me by mail:

Jee: 1 ) about the Rust, i just told you that i can not open the antimagnetic shield, so that i can not see the rust inside it, so sorry about that.if i can open the antimagnetic shield, of course we will notice the rust , and we insist on sending you ? you are such a careful guy, do you think that we will do that silly things ?

How he cannot see the rust on the antimagnectic shield? No need to be a watchsmith to open a caseback with a proper tool and once you have the caseback off, the antimagnectic shield will pop out.

Jee: 3) abou the Rotors, the China sellers order hundreds movement from Swiss one, for example, if they order 2836 - 2 movement 500 Pcs once, and there will be some used for Omega, some for Rolex, some for Breitling, and some for other brands. but all of them are gen swiss 2836-2 movement. even some WHITE LABLED rotor will come with Rolex, which you will never found the Rolex on the rotor, that is the truth.

I don't want to know all this, i just want the upo which he showed me, with the ETA2834-2 and the " Omega swiss made " on the rotor.Nothing more than that.

Jee: 4) about the watch i sent you, you insisted in i sent you a wrong one, just because the UPO pics i sent you, here i have to apologized that i did make a mistake, when i deal with the pics, i sent you the pics who has any relation with your watch, i don't know what is going on, but i did do that stupid things. hope you can understand me.

That's total bullsh!t, I asked him to change the bezel for a better pearl and caseback for a correct one.He sent me an updated pic of the upo with all changes made...How can these has no relation with my upo?

I asked him for a full refund. I'll will ship back once i receive my refund.But again its me who have lost money in that.My credit card already charged me for the transaction, I don't want exchange as I will pay custom fees again and also paying postage to send back.This is getting expensive for me!

I think its time for those type of dealers to accept a lost when they have made such things.

ci1031

4/5/10
I'm getting a bad feeling now. My First UPO is on its way back to Jee. I posted some pictures here of the proposed replacement but have not received feedback from anyone. (see thread above)

- In the pictures, the pearl does not seem to be properly recessed.
- The detail on the sea-monster seems bad
- Jee sent me pictures with case back off, claiming "About the movement, i can not show you the movement, for there is the anti magetic cover there beneath the caseback, so i am so sorry i can not show you the movement. But please trust me, we confirmer several time with my supplier, he swear the movement is gen."
- I have also not been able to get a photo of the lume on he pearl as requested.

I'm leaning towards just requesting a refund and seeking a 45mm UPO from another supplier.

Thoughts?

WatchDoc

I'm Pretty Popular
15/2/10
Relatively new to this, and I was waiting for the senior guys to chime in, but given that they sent you pics of a different watch, told you they "couldn't get the back off" - which is ridiculous, asked you to trust them, then sent you a watch where you took off the back and saw rust? Yes, I'd take the loss in terms of shipping, but expect a refund and go elsewhere. This was supposed to be a "UPO" after all. And there have been comments from guys who can tell that the "Swiss" ETAs are clones and they advise to pay for a clone if you want it, but don't believe them when they say it's a "swiss" movement. Silix has had good feedback overall here, but not the case for you.

I ordered a watch from Trevor recently. One of the decals visible through the crystal of the caseback was sliding off. I opened it up and took the thing off myself, but the watch works, I ordered a low end rep, so I was OK with it.

You can always PM an admin directly for input. One of the things they do for forum members is talk with the dealers when this stuff happens.

Good luck and I'll keep following this thread to hear what happens.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
I'm getting a bad feeling now. My First UPO is on its way back to Jee. I posted some pictures here of the proposed replacement but have not received feedback from anyone. (see thread above)

- In the pictures, the pearl does not seem to be properly recessed.
- The detail on the sea-monster seems bad
- Jee sent me pictures with case back off, claiming "About the movement, i can not show you the movement, for there is the anti magetic cover there beneath the caseback, so i am so sorry i can not show you the movement. But please trust me, we confirmer several time with my supplier, he swear the movement is gen."
- I have also not been able to get a photo of the lume on he pearl as requested.

I'm leaning towards just requesting a refund and seeking a 45mm UPO from another supplier.

Thoughts?

Hey buddy, sorry about hijacking your thread. Hope everything works out fine for you.

That's a lie, anyone knows if you take off the caseback,the antimagnetic shield will pop out with a single nail. He's always making excuses and putting the blame on his supplier. I don't know if there is a proper factory supplying him with the watches or if it's random people who do so but I think he just tries to buy time by saying that he has to contact his supplier.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
Dead Punk, can I get a picture of this watch face up? It looks like the case and He valve are correct? The antimag cover is iron with no plating, it does/will rust. You have to clean and oil it. I never trusted that gen ETA bull crap but if he showed you a 2834 and you didn't receive that watch, it's not right.

And Ci, I would do just that. ;)

I will add, never buy a watch on the premise that it's a gen ETA. Unless you have documentation that followed the movement from Switzerland there is really no way to know for sure.

Also, on the Mag Cover, it's a bitch to get off and not because of rust.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
Sorry about the crappy pic, its night here and my cam doesn't have a flash.
I have remove the pearl and will glue it later as my first orange po has lost his pearl and don't want this to happen again.

imga0096.jpg

imga0097.jpg

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
DP.

Okay, that is not the same watch that Jee sent pictures of. Did you take photos of another watch by mistake? Did he send you a different watch?

I cannot answer that but you have the best case there. The HE valve is the correct height the bezel scalops look ok. Scratches in the movement chamber are part of the game.

Honestly, I believe you but I don't how to get to the bottom of this other than (the obvious) to compare the 2 photos and question Jee as to why the different photos and movement. Nothing he sends will be as close as the case you got there.

DP what exactly do you want from this? Return and try again? Partial refund?

Jee can work with you to make you happy. Meanwhile we will question Jee.

omegazzz

12/5/09
was your bezel lume in correct position on your 45mm UPO? that's what u should be concerned with because that's the biggest giveaway!

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
I asked Jee to get me a full refund and i will ship the watches back. He told me he will refund me only when he gets the watches. I don't want to wait one month to get my money back. Afterall it's Jee's fault and he lied to me.I can't stand liars and I don't trust him anymore.

R2D4, if you say this upo has a correct case,he valve and bezel/pearl, I trust you.I'll keep this upo and ask Jee a partial refund for the movement as i paid for a swiss ETA2834-2.

Now for the TAG Heuer, he sent me a caseback which doesn't fit as the screw holes are not in the same position. I have not been able to wear this watch at all. I will send it tomorrow and I want a full refund for it.I will not wait 2 months to get my watch back.

I have already done a "try again thing" with him, the first orange po doesn't have the correct caseback with the P&O and many other flaws,( lugs size,he valve,etc..),. Now if Jee wants to be a nice guy and set things right to satisfy me, He'll send me a correct caseback free of charge since I have paid full postage for the two parcels I shipped back to him.( remember I sent him the caseback & leather strap some weeks ago and tomorrow i will send the tag heuer ). If he wants the caseback with incorrect P&O, I will ship it back when i receive the correct one.

But I want my refund first, then I'll ship the watch.

was your bezel lume in correct position on your 45mm UPO? that's what u should be concerned with because that's the biggest giveaway!

If you mean the pearl, I don't think there is a rep bezel/pearl that is exactly like the gen.The best pearl you can get is the one Jee promised to send me.

R2D4

Admin
Advisor
15/4/07
DP, fair enough. Please understand, all dealers wait to get the watches in hand before a refund is issued. We the staff have no control over this. The amount of refunds and or settlements are between you and Jee. I understand your frustration, believe me. Be nice to Jee and work this out. This "He/She is a liar and a scammer" is hearsay and it's not necessary IMO. For all we know the black Omega is not the same watch she intended to ship you. Maybe it was mistake.. We just don't know.

Please be patient.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
DP, fair enough. Please understand, all dealers wait to get the watches in hand before a refund is issued. We the staff have no control over this. The amount of refunds and or settlements are between you and Jee. I understand your frustration, believe me. Be nice to Jee and work this out. This "He/She is a liar and a scammer" is hearsay and it's not necessary IMO. For all we know the black Omega is not the same watch she intended to ship you. Maybe it was mistake.. We just don't know.

Please be patient.

OK... I will be nice to Jee and try to work things out. If nothing good comes out of our discussion and if the problem is not really solved in my best interest, I will let you know. I can understand if it is a mistake but here Jee doesn't want to take the blame. He insists on the fact that he sent the right watch whilst the pictures he sent me proves the opposite. Seriously, I'm done with Jee but I don't want to complicate things, so I will do what you told me that is give him a last chance.

cheers.

DEadPuNk

12/4/10
Hi Again, I have receive my partial refund today and all problems have been solved.

Tomorrow I will get the tracking number to Sillix for the tag heuer am sending him back.

silix

Trusted Dealer
22/3/06
Dear All

Thanks so much for your guys attntion to this UPO problem. i am so sorry taking such toublem/ inconvenience/ harm to DeadPunk. I apologize for that. I think it is time to stand out to say somthing, as if i am ruining my reputation myself ?

About the problem, about the issue, about the topic, DeadPunk has posted almost everything we negotiated. But i don't mind about that. I am just trying my best to do what should i do. and this is the first time i hear about one guy call me a sacmmer, a liar. Very good shoot ! But i don't mind , either.

When i took over the Silix from last April, as if most of the members and dealers are not satisfied with Jay, the ex-owner of Silix. From that time, i tried my best to earn back the reputation once Silix got. I am so young, i am only 25-years old, so i am confident to overcome any difficulty that i will encounter. So i do my best to be as polite as i can to everyone who purchase from silix, or not . i did my 200% efferot, devote 100% passions into the Watch , i learned so many things that i never learned during my campus life. As a result , we have become a trusted dealer this March, thanks so much for the Administrators. We know we are not the best dealer here, but we did try our best to come up with the best dealers here. i am doing it !

So sorry about that. Let's come back the topic. now i don't wanna explain something, for all my objection will be unvalid. Anyway, i have make a agreement with DeadPunk, although there is still some confusion there. But who knows ?

Finally, i just wanna say that our silix is not scammer, not a liar. We silix will do our best to make any customers satisfy with our products, price, and service, also the after service.

Thanks very much for your guys concentrate, thanks !

B.regard from Silix -Prime

Jee

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Silix, you have the confidence of the admin team here.
We certainly don't consider you either a liar or a scammer.
Matter closed.

Col.

ci1031

4/5/10
Thanks Trailboss; Agreed.

With That Said, I like to get back to the original topic of my hijacked thread :) .....FINAL ROUND

FEEDBACK ON THIS PROPOSED WATCH PLEASE:

amptor

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/5/07
We just need hont to tell the watchmaker to quit fumbling around with fugly Ploprofs and create a decent rep of the PO 42.5mm. Last I checked, at the beginning of this month, 2-3 months from that date until it comes out but is questionable especially since it was suppose to be out in the beginning of June. It looks like more people want 42.5mm PO than meets the eye too. Maybe even more than want the Ploprof but that would make sense since it is just shy of hideous.