• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

replacing 1120 with 2892-A2?

Patkinwings

Looking Around
24/4/21
I have a question about putting a new movement in a case . I recently bought a VC 2000v overseas from trustytime. Unfortunately a few months of wear the watch stopped ticking Ive been thinking about getting a repair but the repair cost is about the same price as a new movement . Inside the case of the watch there is a Asian Clone 1120 movement , now after some googling I think that the ETA 2982-A2 and the Sellita SW 300 are similar movements to the 1120 also the Miyota 9015. Would it be possible to buy one of these movements (Ive found a website that sells them) and place it in my watch. Its possible i could try it myself or I could find a good watchmaker to place the movement inside.
But before i spend any money I'm just wondering anyone who has any knowledge on watch movements or have worked with these movements before know whether it will fit into the case of the watch ?

SPECS

MOVEMENT: Asian Clone Calibre 1120 Movement
CASE DIAMETER: 40mm
THICKNESS: 8.7mm
DIAL COLOR: Black Dial with Stick Markers (Superlume Applied)
CASE MATERIAL: Solid Stainless Steel 316F
BRACELET: Solid Stainless Steel 316F with Deployant Buckle (With quick release feature)
FRONT GLASS: Sapphire Crystal with Colorless Anti-Reflective Coating
CASE BACK: Display Case Back with Detailed Engraving
BEZEL: Solid Stainless Steel 316F Bezel
CLASP TYPE: Deployant Clasp
DATE INDICATOR: No Date

I understand both the Sellita and ETA and Miyota have a date display whereas my watch does not have a date window would this make any difference ?
One last question on the watch face on the back there is two rods justting out that are supposed to fit into the movement is the placing of these rods the same for all watch faces and all movements ? I want to know because if i buy the movement and tha watch face doesnt even fit then there is no point.

Really appreciate any knowledge or opinions anyone has. I live in Ireland no one will touch a fake watch . I have thought about taking a holiday to london and get my watch repaired there and also bring the movement so maybe they could fit it for me there.