• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Do I have any options without Western Union?

flashes23

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/12/14
I have been doing import/export from china for the last decade and have placed hundreds of orders in that time span. About a year and a half ago, I sent money through WU and immediately got a call an hour later that the transaction was canceled and that I would receive a check from WU. I have since tried a couple more times and the same thing happened. Somehow I have been blacklisted from WU, most likely because orders from china and the frequency must have set off some kind of internal alarm. Long story short I have been ordering w/ TrustyTime through PayPal, but have been experiencing subpar service in recent months and would like to try another Trusted Dealer here on RWI. Do I have any options here? Any TDs take PayPal, I read I shouldn't use CC. I literally have a countless number of tracking numbers to prove prior orders from china.

gavmeister

I'm Pretty Popular
27/5/16
Welcome to the world I was in a few weeks back. My TD ended up in hospital and I basically had to start again.

You could try Bitcoin or moneygram, but the TD's are all going to look at you like you are a first time buyer.

You might consider signing up as a Supporter. I heard Toro may be helpful with PP if you are a supporter.

Eagl3

Renowned Member
2/12/16
If you are USA, send MoneyGram from Walmart in person. Cheaper than using online and is instant. I believe most TDs can take MoneyGram.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
You could reach out to a few and ask directly. They may be willing to work with you through alternative channels and offer options not commonly used. Also, as mentioned, become a supporter, it shows some commitment to the site and in turn, the dealers.

simpim2002

Horology Curious
9/3/15
transferwise .... Quick ,cheap and reliable . Trust me
You can do everything from your computer

preppyr6

I'm Pretty Popular
29/10/15
If you build up a relationship with some of the TDs like Lucy or Saed then they may be willing to work via other payment options down the road....Given how risky it is though, be prepared to work with them for a little while (i.e. a couple different orders or so over time). They need to be able to trust you as much you need to trust them.

I've ordered through Trusty, PerfectClones, and several others... and my experience wasnt too different from yours.I find that TDs such as the aforementioned (Lucy and Saed) offer stellar service for the price.

At the end of the day, you have a few levers you can pull: if you want convenience (e.g. Paypal) then there are some vendors out there like Trusty, but you may not get the same level of customer service you can get elsewhere. If you want the customer service then TDs here can offer that but the convenience may not be to the same degree (caveat: there are several TDs like Intime and Chazingtime that accept credit cards). If you want both, then you may have to spend the time building trust with a TD that has the means of providing both at a later date.

Obviously Im not speaking for any of the TDs, just my own opinion.