• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rep Omega Seamaster 300 fake backside?

ArnovH

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/4/16
Belgium
Hey all!

I ordered an Omega Seamaster 300 with a 8215 Miyota movement at Intime. I brought the watch to my watchsmith because the rotor wasn't fitted on correctly when I received the watch from Intime and the movmt needed to be serviced.

At first I thought that the back of the watch was really part of the movement, but my watchsmith told me that the black screws as you see on the picture below are fake and are glued on to the metal plate (which apparently doesn't make part of the movement). He stopped trying to open the case because he didn't want to damage it..

Does anyone know how this fake plate should be removed in order to reach the movement?

Greetings,

Arno

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Its decorated to look like the gen 8400 movement from Omega. The actual movement of the watch which in this case is the Miyota 8215 is beneath all that decoration. And yes, those decoration in particular all the "screws" etc is all glued on.

The watch will still work fine without that 8400 decoration.

By the way, its not "backside", the correct term is "caseback"...lol

Figgybaum

Horology Curious
4/5/17
great answer, I own this watch and just learned something as well! Thank you!

ArnovH

26/4/16
Belgium
Haha yes I didn't want to use the term caseback because then I'm referring to the back of the case and not the movement (still noob :bestbook:)
Do you have any idea if the decoration plate is also glued to the watch or if any of the screws are real?
My watchsmith told me that if I find a way to remove the decoration plate, he would be glad to help me service the movement

Its decorated to look like the gen 8400 movement from Omega. The actual movement of the watch which in this case is the Miyota 8215 is beneath all that decoration. And yes, those decoration in particular all the "screws" etc is all glued on.

The watch will still work fine without that 8400 decoration.

By the way, its not "backside", the correct term is "caseback"...lol

imranbecks

I'm Pretty Popular
17/11/15
The Neutral Zone
Haha yes I didn't want to use the term caseback because then I'm referring to the back of the case and not the movement (still noob :bestbook:)
Do you have any idea if the decoration plate is also glued to the watch or if any of the screws are real?
My watchsmith told me that if I find a way to remove the decoration plate, he would be glad to help me service the movement

Everything is all glued in place. They are removable, but must be removed carefully. The Miyota 8215 is "hidden" beneath all that decoration. I've never removed them myself, maybe someone else here can help you out. I've read here somewhere that someone once removed the decoration....

Here is how the Miyota 8215 movement looks like once all that deco has been removed. Doesn't look very appealing does it? Lol...

34774644995_0c14f488cf_o.jpg

jake99

14/11/15
Interested if anyone can help too as my "spectre" watch has given up after nearly 18 months I think. It just works for a few seconds then nothing. I have looked around and am thinking of replacing the movement but not a clue where to start.
I have contacted a few local jewellers but not sure they will touch a rep. Such a shame as too good to give up on.

fabbe79

I'm Pretty Popular
18/10/15
Same issue here
Was wandering if I need to remove the dial

fostata

Horology Curious
2/12/16
Hello,

I am also interested in this.

If someone has any experience, please share.

Regards

Time bandit

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
26/1/17
Uk
Perhaps no watchsmith has taken deco plates off, especially balance wheel bridge where most popular place on the movement needs work

turner

Horology Curious
27/8/15
United States
I would be very interested in this, as well. As far as I can tell, if the watch fails, you just remove all of the decoration, pop in a new 9015 or 8215. Then, you just place all the decoration back on top.