• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing the back of my 5726A running at 30+ sec/day fast

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Yes the case back does appear to be a machined part of the wings. I see only what looks like a solid machined edge between the case back and rear bezel. Is this a case for air pressure? Thanks for all the suggestions.

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Well I'll be. the back just came apart from the front case when I took off the 4 screws. I had done this so many times but didnt get the back to separate. Thanks to all for the help. I feel pretty stupid right about now!!!

Reactions: jkrw247 and Teamjlf

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
After my last post, I managed to safely remove the back cover off mine and adjust the regulator lever. The one issue I had with my example, is that it ran @ 25-30 secs slow per day, so by the end of the week it was 5 minutes out…. This has annoyed me for ages so it was time to “tamper” with it. Thanks to a quick message to member Tongsui, he advised on which way to move the reg lever to attempt to speed up the movement by shortening the spring. After 2 attempts. ( 1st attempt yielded a slight speed up but not enough ). I managed to get this watch running at a steady 5-10 secs fast per day now which is just perfect. Off the wrist it runs 3-5 secs fast and on the wrist with auto winding it starts to run @ 8-10 secs fast.

Happy days finally…….

( mind you I had to change my nappy a couple of times whilst adjusting the reg as any slip and touch of the mainspring underneath would have netted me a very expensive paperweight ! )

Thanks MLT

Tohdoubledeez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
9/10/23
United States
zo96hp.jpg

This is the notch you will be looking for, you should be able to feel it with your thumb nail. A good case opening knife will do the trick, and as mentioned yes you can press the case close with your thumbs no need for a case press. I also recommend to position the notch on the direct left or right side for easy maintenance in the future.
@DerpyOfficer Just curious if this is the same piece I purchased from you? Reason I ask is that the 5726 I have is now running a little fast as well. Was going to attempt adjusting myself, but Im not sure if I have the same version/model that’s in these pics and wanted to make sure that the only thing necessary is to pop the case back off and not needing to remove the side screws?.. oh and apologies if this isn’t the same watch but, as you appear to be very knowledgeable on PT’s, any advice is appreciated!

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
@DerpyOfficer Just curious if this is the same piece I purchased from you? Reason I ask is that the 5726 I have is now running a little fast as well. Was going to attempt adjusting myself, but Im not sure if I have the same version/model that’s in these pics and wanted to make sure that the only thing necessary is to pop the case back off and not needing to remove the side screws?.. oh and apologies if this isn’t the same watch but, as you appear to be very knowledgeable on PT’s, any advice is appreciated!
Hey @Tohdoubledeez, yes I believe that should be the same watch haha! Check by the crown and see if I positioned the notch there. It should be visible under a loop or by feel with a fingernail. A good case knife should pop it off, I'd add a little tape as protection. You shouldn't have to remove the case screws to take of the back on this earlier version. If you wanted to get to just the dial side then yes. But not to the movement side.

Reactions: Tohdoubledeez

Tohdoubledeez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
9/10/23
United States
Hey @Tohdoubledeez, yes I believe that should be the same watch haha! Check by the crown and see if I positioned the notch there. It should be visible under a loop or by feel with a fingernail. A good case knife should pop it off, I'd add a little tape as protection. You shouldn't have to remove the case screws to take of the back on this earlier version. If you wanted to get to just the dial side then yes. But not to the movement side.
And it looks like the notch is where you’re saying it should be.. gonna give it a try tonight. Thank you for the advice @DerpyOfficer !

Reactions: DerpyOfficer