• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Removing the back of my 5726A running at 30+ sec/day fast

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Hello friends, I can't seem to find the method of accessing the regulation on my 5726A. Getting the back off may not be the way.
I removed the front case half and dial but couldn't get further, Someone smarter than myself might know the trick.
Thanks much
Brent

Reactions: r0b9502

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
It is actually very easy. You need to remove the 4 screws on each side and the caseback comes off

8113d22716fa2816a8dbc2200bf81722.jpg

4b39f567c9db3b8ac20c88dce1f894ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Thanks. I've done that multiple times, and removed the hands, dial, and date wheels too, but unable to release the crown AND stem in order to remove the movement, thereby accessing the regulation. Hoping you have the answer because going in through the back is not readily possible that I can see.
what am I missing?
Cheers,
Brent

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
In re-reading your post, I realized I have never tried to remove the CASEBACK after removing the casefront. Well I will try that.
Thank you again for your post!
Cheers,
Brent
PS. It didn't just fall off, so maybe it wasn't obvious enough!

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Thanks. I've done that multiple times, and removed the hands, dial, and date wheels too, but unable to release the crown AND stem in order to remove the movement, thereby accessing the regulation. Hoping you have the answer because going in through the back is not readily possible that I can see.
what am I missing?
Cheers,
Brent

To remove the crown and crown stem you push a little pusher to release it.

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
I think I remember that I had to remove a decoration plate to access the pusher. It should be in the vicinity of the crown/stem. Long time I did it though.

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
i tried everything I can think of and the caseback ( as per the diagram ) has no intention of coming off easily. I must be missing something
The watch in general isn't built so tightly it just won't come apart. It's as if the dial screws were holding the back on, or something else.
I know they are not.
I'm assuming you have done this separation procedure and know what's involved.

Cheers,
Brent

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
If I could get at that stem removal pusher my problems would be solved.
I could then drop the movement out and regulate it.
Accessing that pusher requires removing the case back in some manner.
There doesn't seem to be a way to get the caseback separated from the case center.
The casefront comes right off with the 4 screws.
So the question is..What holds the caseback to the case base.?

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Also the particular diagram you have shown has side pushers like a chronograph. I'm sure there must be a 5726A with this style, but mine has only the small circular, flush recessed pushers.

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Also the particular diagram you have shown has side pushers like a chronograph. I'm sure there must be a 5726A with this style, but mine has only the small circular, flush recessed pushers.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
On the early rep models of the 5726 the case back is actually a press fit. And has nothing to do with the side screws to remove the case back, bezel yes case back no. Check the case back edge. Look for a very slight sliver of a notch on the side. You'll need a case back opening knife or tool to pop it open.

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
...and you'll probably need a press to get it back together. They are very inexpensive from Ali or EBay.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
zo96hp.jpg

This is the notch you will be looking for, you should be able to feel it with your thumb nail. A good case opening knife will do the trick, and as mentioned yes you can press the case close with your thumbs no need for a case press. I also recommend to position the notch on the direct left or right side for easy maintenance in the future.

Brentlw

Horology Curious
28/4/21
Martinez, Ca. USA
Thank you so muck Derpy, Dr Hack and more for that awesome help.
Cheers,
Brent
Well hell. I don't have those indentations either, so slipping a blade under isn't possible. Of course I'd like to push the stem release button, but I can't get at it until I remove the stem to lift out the movement. It's a test. I can pull the hands, dial, date wheels etc, and start disassembling from the top, but that is not how it should be done. It's as if pushing the stem and crown in was the last assembly step and now there is no access. Somebody must have done this and knows the trick.

DrHack

10/8/20
SoCal
I've removed backs that didn't have any indentations, you just have to slowly work the knife blade in there.

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Isn’t the case back on these part of the case wings ?

Looks like it can pried off by levering the sides after the top case has been removed ?